[Support] MKVToolNix-gui container

MKVToolNix-gui Container

Description

MKVToolNix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows. https://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/

Configuration

Ports

Fill in the rdp and WEB interface ports you want in the Port section of the template. Remember to NOT change the containerport!

Resolution

You can change the resolution in the Environment section to whatever you want.

Add WIDTH and HEIGHT in the Environment Variables. Default is WIDTH 1600, HEIGHT 1050.

Volume mapping

/config is the folder where MKVToolNix-gui saves it's settings. Where you save this on unRaid is up to you, but it should be on a cache only share.

/UnRaid is where you map the folder you want to save you MKVs.

Adding the container

If you want to use this container you have to add the text below to the template repositories box on the Docker page or search for the container in Community Applications.

https://github.com/tobbenb/docker-containers/tree/templates

Using MKVToolNix-gui

I do nut use this program myself, so for help regarding the use of it, google is your friend.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does this container require the other mkv container for the actual program?

Also if yes, where do I configure my mkv key I own?

Thanks

Myk

They don't have anything to do with each other.

For configuring the key you should read the first post in the MakeMKV thread.

• 1 month later...

Yes. Tried ie on win 8.1 and safari on Mac. Also tried direct rdp. All the same!

It's the same problem here. I thought I tested this, but apparently I couldn't have  ::)

I will fix it some time today when I get the time to fiddle with it.

Please delete the container and add it again. That should fix it I hope. It happens here also on a system update from 6.0.1 with the docker installed to 6.1.

very buggy, keyboard does not work,some tabs are small with ... instead of names and after using it for 5min i got a black screen not matter what i do i cant get the program to open again. Stopping and restarting the docker results again black screen after the xrdp login dialog

• 2 weeks later...

I've removed both container and image twice now and still have the same problem. Any help would be appreciated saarg, no matter the lead time  :)

I don't think I have any other recommendations than was already made others earlier. Maybe try to delete the appdata folder also?

Which version of Unraid do you run?

Which browser are you using?

• 2 weeks later...

Always the most up to date, so currently 6.1.3 and i've tried using safari, chrome, IE and also RDP directly. All have the same problem with no keyboard input.

Could you try again removing both container and image and also use a new config folder?

• 4 weeks later...