Problem Connecting to UnRAID Server

AVShortbus

I am just getting my UnRAID media server up and running and I have run into an issue. I can't connect to it in order to complete the initial configuration.

I can see it on the network from the router. I have verified it is connected the the network and I can ping the router from it. I can ping it from my PC.

I have tried connecting to it from my PC using the (forum won't let me put http in front of the urls) //{ip_address} as well as //{tower} neither work from chrome or IE11. Same results from my mobile device....

Error is "page cannot be displayed"

I am thinking it has got to be some security setting some where.

This is all on my home network so no firewalls should be involved. The server and my PC use a wired connection...

At this point I am not sure what else to try.

Help?

I attempted to get the diagnostics file and I got this error:

UnRAID%252520Error.jpg

Needless to say the zip file wasn't present on the USB jump drive when I connected it to my Win8 machine. It is booting from the USB so I know the machine sees it.

What am I missing?

My experience with Linux is pretty much non-existent so it might be something simple. 

Thanks in advance!

Actually that screen tells us quite a lot.

A minor thing, you are preparing the flash drive with v6.0, no reason not to prepare it with the latest from the Limetech download page, v6.1.2.

And it either could not mount the flash drive as /boot (which means the flash drive is not labeled exactly UNRAID), or you didn't extract the files and folders correctly to the flash drive, as the config folder is completely empty.  Make sure when you unzip/extract the contents of the zipped unRAID distribution that you set the option to preserve folder structure.  And make sure the volume label is exactly UNRAID, 6 capital letters.  If not, no networking, and therefore no access to the system.

The diagnostics zip may actually be in the logs folder of the flash drive.

I Went through the install again, but still can't connect. I was able to get the diagnostics to run, but I am unable to locate the file afterwards

UnRAID%252520Issue3.jpg

UnRAID%252520Issue4.jpg

After running diagnostics I run the poweroff command then remove the SanDisk USB drive and connect it to my Win8 machine.

I believe I have made some progress.

Hopefully these screen shots will tell you something useful...

I Went through the install again, but still can't connect. I was able to get the diagnostics to run, but I am unable to locate the file afterwards

The screen shot shows unRAID 6.1.2, shows what looks like a correctly prepared flash drive, and you were able to get the diagnostics zip file, and you located it in /boot/logs, which is supposed to be the /logs folder on the flash drive.  But when you looked at the /boot folder, it had no files (should have had bzroot, bzimage, and the other files), only 2 folders - the /config and /logs that it had created, and no syslinux folder.  The config folder should have had the .cfg files, and the go file.  So this /boot cannot be the right one.  That can only mean there's something still wrong with the volume label.  It looks correct, but because of the font in use, I cannot tell if that's a lower case el or upper case I.  Can you verify that's a capital I before the capital D, in UNRAID.  And check for any blanks before or after the 6 letters of UNRAID.  I think in Windows, you can check and change it in the Properties for the drive.

By the way, you'll find a number of other console commands in the Console commands wiki page.  And you can learn more about the Linux console (and how it differs from DOS and Windows) in the FAQ, unRAID Console Questions section.

Hello,

unfortunately i have the same issue.

The USB stick is a 64gb Kingston HyperX Fury.

I have no issues booting ESXi off that usb stick (i have wiped all of the partitions that vmware makes prior to this using the diskpart clean cmd )

My destination server is a HP Proliant Gen8 Microserver. (with a 4core xeon. 16gb of ECC non registered ram, onboard b120i raid card has been set in AHCI mode)

I have disconnected the 2nd NIC in an attempt to isolate the issue.

i can see that eth0 is up with a IP my router has assigned. i can ping no probs and can see the traffic being sent and received.

i can SSH to it and can use SFTP via winSCP no probs.

unmenu and emhttp does not want to seem to load. and cannot see a emhttp process or anything of the sort.

I am going to spin this up in a virtual machine and see how i go (just to be sure that the microserver isn't doing something funky) . but in the meantime

is there any other way i can get this going? obviously something is going quite wrong. And i am confident that the drive has been correctly formatted with one whole partition of NTFS with a volume label of UNRAID

I have tried the latest version and also ver 6.0.0 both are experiencing the same issue.

Any other ideas? or alternative install methods?