Major SickRage change and drama

strike

So did you guys catch the latest SickRage news yet? The hole SR team/staff has been fired or should I say the team/staff fired the original developer..

The original developer who is just back after being away for 14 months has this to say:

As many of you may or may not know since my recent return to SR there has been a major restructuring of the team going on as well as how code is submitted to our github repo due to untested code being submitted that has currently brought SR dev branch to a halt preventing many from being able to continue working on new code or bugfixes till this gets corrected.

As a result of this I saw no other choice but to remove Miigoto from the SR team, I had attempted to speak with him on the matter but he was less then willing to accept responsibility for his actions plus showed a level of disrespect that was just not tolerable to continue allowing him to be part of the team.

Shortly after his removal I received threats of a takeover and told that I should just backdown and walk away and to accept that there was nothing I could do to stop this takeover.

2 days later I learned that Miigoto and several other team members of SR had started to form a new team and created sites that looked identical to ours including github repos which left me no other choice but to let go the rest of those team members from SR.

So if you are approached by anyone claiming to be part of the SR team or staff please alert me as soon as possible so that other members can be made aware of who or what to watch out for.

Further news on this will be updated in this thread by me, thanks!

P.S.

SiCKRAGE is here to stay and so am I so don't worry we are not going anywhere!

This might seem to some as dark times for SR but I see it as a re-birth of a already very great product, focus will be put into restructuring on how code is tested and deployed to our github repo's so that issues like the unicode problem don't affect others ability to contribute to this project or cause instability issues for our end-users.

I don't anticipate that I will be forming a team any time soon and will just go back to the old way of doing things as it worked in the past rather well and its what got us most the way to here without issues such as these, maybe in the future when I feel I need a break or that things are getting overloaded for me will I then contemplate forming a team of only trusted and knowledgeable friends.

I appreciate all that keep sticking by and support us through these situations and again SR is here cause its where the end-users have wanted us to be and from there contributions of code and word of mouth.

So further news comes in that ex-team members are soliciting members of ours to switch to this new site of theirs and that they claim to be the REAL site with a long winded reason to why they are doing what they are doing. This fake site they are attempting to get members to switch over to could be used to release malicious code to end-users that could wipe out all there data or worse so please report any such activity to me ASAP so that I can deal with it accordingly to protect you the end-user of SR, thanks!

The team/staff who has been maintaining SR for a long time answered with this: http://pastie.org/private/m7lryrqqihyeyl1supuepq

Well, yeah.. But in the end it only hurts the community and it already has. Echel0n has closed the issue tracker on the original repo so ton of information is now gone.. Just 404.. And that was a lot of good info for users having problems. Then he banned all the web irc users.. And then ALL users was kicked.. AND he closed the forum, "under maintenance" (I just hope he doesn't delete everything) .. So no support at all for that repo now.

Just the actions that he have done made me make the change to the new repo. I don't know how old Echel0n is but I would say he's really acting like a 4 year old..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...