Cache Pool Issue

goslo

I have moved to V6 with no problem other than the cache pool does not look right. Comparing it to screenshots in other posts with cache pool problems it looks like only one SSD is formatted and being used. I am using 2 new Sandisk 128g SSD's and installed them together, on boot up I selected an extra cache slot and assigned both at the same time. They also will not "balance" and I get the "unable to start balance with target data profile 16" message on the syslog.

Should I have installed the SSD's  one at a time? The manual is unclear on this.

Any help and guidance is appreciated.

cache.jpg.1d5ef095def1999be92953e950817529.jpg

pool2.jpg.f4d3b79bf11419fcc0317965dfe5d089.jpg

Something went wrong when you created the pool, only one SSD (cahe2,sdg) is in use.

To add the other SSD you can do this:

- Backup cache data just in case

- Stop array and unassign cache 1 (if you start the array after this step cache may be unmoutable, it’s ok, it will mount after preclearing cache 1 and restarting array)

- Preclear cache disk 1

- Start array, make sure cache is mounted, stop array,

- Assign cache 1 to cache pool and wait for unraid to balance the pool

The steps I wrote above should work, I did it many times when testing the cache pool feature, unless you have some hardware issue that caused your original problem, even if it doesn’t work you should end up as you are now, with a single cache disk.

You can also check this thread, although the original issue was different, the procedure was the same and with good results.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=44173.0

Ok thanks for that, but I don't think it's going to work because if I remove the SSD that looks like it's not being used and power up again with just cache 2 in use the dockers don't work indicating that the SDD that looks like it's not in use is actuality being used for something.

It's looks like I might have to redo the cache pool from the beginning or maybe I do have a proper cache pool and it's a reporting issue?