Does unraid have any audio support?

I've upgraded to unraid6 and want to be able to run an audio device off this server. I don't see any indication that alsa is present and the VM support suggests that it is intended to pass through GPUs as audio devices. Searching isn't showing up much of use on the forum as it's not clear whether the info is current or not.

Can anyone shed some light on this? How do I make use of a mobo audio device via something running on an unraid box?

Not natively no, you could try one of my mediabuilds as I'm pretty sure I activated alsa in the kernel for them...

Just curious what you're planning to use it for though.

ok thanks for confirming that.

My server is physically wired to a secondary audio only zone so I want to run jriver on it for playback, minimally any dlna client (e.g. squeezelite) would do the job but jriver is preferred. I was going to see if I could get that going in docker, not sure if that is feasible without audio on the host though. I suppose I can just run a vm instead.

Do you know if there are any plans to add alsa to the official kernel? or a reason why it's not there already? I can roll my own (or use yours) if really necessary but would be nice not to have to.