Ah hell it went boom!

My poor unRaid went boom last night.  When we recovered from a power outage things didn't spin up too well :(  It went down gracefully (I use a UPS) but when it came back up 6 of the 14 drives are saying they are missing.  I'm not sure why, they all show on the controller cards.  I tried rebooting again and got the same.  It's still running on unRaid 4.7.  I was in the middle of building my replacement box for it but having some issues with the new build.  Sooo... I'm guessing I will need to pop the drives and manually try to recover them one by one once I get my new box up and running? 

Not sure why the drives would not come up if the system was shut down gracefully.  The fact that they did not suggests something else happened and maybe there is a motherboard or disk controller problem?

This could well be a case where you will be very thankful that with unRAID each drive is a discrete file system, so in the event of multiple failures like this you can recover each drive in isolation. 

Having said that if you are working on a new server if the drives are actually OK maybe you can simply plug them into the new server to get going again?

Yes on the BIOS for the controller cards they each actually show as detected without issue.  I'm guessing it's a controller problem.  I agree that the disks should be recoverable, once the new system is up I'll pop them one by one in an external enclosure and copy them over I guess.  Just a pain in the ass while I figure out why my new one isn't working either ;)  Got a hardware issue somewhere.