[Support] binhex - SABnzbd

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-sabnzbd in the binhex repo.

Application: SABnzbd - http://sabnzbd.org/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-sabnzbd/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-sabnzbd

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex
  • Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Just updated to the latest Binhex Sickbeard and Sabnzbd and now neither will start.  Both had been working flawlessly since install...

Binhex Deluge also update, but it still seems to start OK...

Here is SAB log file

2016-02-21 19:54:59,397 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring (stderr)>

2016-02-21 19:54:59,397 DEBG fd 6 closed, stopped monitoring (stdout)>

2016-02-21 19:54:59,397 INFO exited: sabnzbd (exit status 2; not expected)

2016-02-21 19:54:59,398 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

2016-02-21 19:55:02,402 INFO spawned: 'sabnzbd' with pid 27

2016-02-21 19:55:02,594 DEBG 'sabnzbd' stdout output:

Error:

Can't write to logfile

2016-02-21 19:55:02,609 DEBG fd 8 closed, stopped monitoring (stderr)>

2016-02-21 19:55:02,610 DEBG fd 6 closed, stopped monitoring (stdout)>

2016-02-21 19:55:02,610 INFO exited: sabnzbd (exit status 2; not expected)

2016-02-21 19:55:02,610 DEBG received SIGCLD indicating a child quit

2016-02-21 19:55:03,611 INFO gave up: sabnzbd entered FATAL state, too many start retries too quickly

Hello,

I recent updated to the new version of the docker and now I'm getting some permission issues.  I have the postProcessing (Sab -> SickBeard) script running and now I'm getting the following error from Sab:

PostProcessing was aborted (Cannot create final folder /UnprocessedShare/tv/TVShowNameHere)

/UnprocessedShare is set up as a volume for the Sab container

I also just deleted the perms.txt file and forces an update

Do I need to somehow set permissions now?

EDIT: I just ran a quick test without the post-processing.  I think it is because I try to move the files from the Downloads location, to a different location on the new volume.  I don't think it has anything to do with the post-process script.  Hope that helps

EDIT 2: Temporary fix for now: I looked at the permissions of my "shared volume" and they were root root.  I believe that was the cause of the problems.  I modified it to nobody:users and I am able to create the folders and finish the download process.  I am assuming this is not the ideal solution, but I think it's a stop-gap

I'm having the same permissions problems. Sabnzb isn't able to create folders in my "incomplete" folder so it can't start downloading anything whether it gets passed along via sickbeard or couch potato or if I put an nob in my catch all folders. The plex docker is busted at the moment too. Jswanson can you give me some advice on how to fix the permissions as you did?

Here were the following steps I used.  I don't think it is 100% as I am still getting some issues in the Sab Log (lots of "Suspect error in downloader", not sure if that is related)

Note: I only did the following on my "shared volume" between Sab/Sickbeard/Couch Potato.  I did not have to do this to my Docker Folders.  Same idea may apply, but I did not test.  Proceed at your own risk.

First navigate to the location of your "shared volume" using cd (should be on your cache drive)

Run the following command:

ls -l

You should see a list of all the sub-directories and their permissions. 

My "shared volume" was "root root" and I changed it to "nobody users", using the following command:

chown -R nobody:users sharedVolumeLocation

Then you can re-run the ls command to confirm.

Again, this worked for me and I do not know the implications this might have.  However it is currently working for me, which is good for now until I hear the "official" solution.

@ttttubby i would probably hold off doing the above for now, jswanson04 had a different issue to what you have, as he was saving to a different location (possibly even an external drive?), and permissions wern't set correctly on this, i do NOT make any modifications to any other volumes, only the /config host path so this wont be your issue.

possibly even an external drive?, and permissions wern't set correctly on this, i do NOT make any modifications to any other volumes, only the /config host path so this wont be your issue.

No, my shared volume is just another folder on my cache drive.  The reason I am leaning away from the permissions not being set up correctly originally is there was not an issue before.  All of the dockers interacted with the shared location without an issue.

Unless there was something that was changed where before the docker was running as root, but now it is not and that is the issue. 

I recently updated SABnzbd (2/25/2016) and am now having trouble with post processing. I use SABnzbd and SickBeard along with the sabToSickBeard.py script to do post processing.

SAB is failing on the post processing step stating that python cannot be found. The error in the WebUI is:

/usr/bin/env: ‘python’: No such file or directory

and the first line of the script it is trying to run is

#!/usr/bin/env python

Has something changed in the docker plugin? I don't know enough about docker to troubleshoot this.

I recently updated SABnzbd (2/25/2016) and am now having trouble with post processing. I use SABnzbd and SickBeard along with the sabToSickBeard.py script to do post processing.

SAB is failing on the post processing step stating that python cannot be found. The error in the WebUI is:

#!/usr/bin/env python

Has something changed in the docker plugin? I don't know enough about docker to troubleshoot this.

I'm having the same issue

Hey binhex, what is going on with the permissions situation and your dockers? Suddenly everything is owned by root and set to 755 which makes it impossible to manage things without having to ssh and change things all the time.

It was a bug, stop container and delete /config/perms.txt then start

#!/usr/bin/env python

I'm having the same issue

That's a sperate issue with that script, try setting that script to use  /usr/bin/env python2

That's a sperate issue with that script, try setting that script to use  /usr/bin/env python2

No matter if I set it to python or python2 it still gives a similar error

OK I will take a look tonight

ok i had a look and can confirm there is an env variable defined for python2, output from console for sabnzbd container:-

[root@439f7a83371f /]# /usr/bin/env python
[root@439f7a83371f /]# /usr/bin/env python2
Python 2.7.11 (default, Dec  6 2015, 15:43:46)
[GCC 5.2.0] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit()

so you  can see that "/usr/bin/env python" doesnt exist, but "/usr/bin/env python2" does, i havent changed anything in this regards but it is possible the python package has changed and thus doesnt create the env variable "python" any more, im assuming you had this acript working fine yes?.

The odd thing is you said you tried to use /usr/bin/env python2 and that didnt work right?, did you change the first line in the script as well as the line its trying to execute?, as you can probably tell i dont make use of this script at all :-).

No matter if I set it to python or python2 it still gives a similar error

OK I will take a look tonight

ok i had a look and can confirm there is an env variable defined for python2, output from console for sabnzbd container:-

[root@439f7a83371f /]# /usr/bin/env python
[root@439f7a83371f /]# /usr/bin/env python2
Python 2.7.11 (default, Dec  6 2015, 15:43:46)
[GCC 5.2.0] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> exit()

so you  can see that "/usr/bin/env python" doesnt exist, but "/usr/bin/env python2" does, i havent changed anything in this regards but it is possible the python package has changed and thus doesnt create the env variable "python" any more, im assuming you had this acript working fine yes?.

The odd thing is you said you tried to use /usr/bin/env python2 and that didnt work right?, did you change the first line in the script as well as the line its trying to execute?, as you can probably tell i dont make use of this script at all :-).

Hi,

Looking at the logs the script was working fine on the 19th Feb but broken on the 22nd Feb (if that helps). I have been trying to keep on top of updates so hopefully that may tie in with something!

All I altered was the first line of the autoprocesstv.py script, not sure what else to try. The original script I think didn;t have any first line at all, I just copied it over from sickbeard which referenced python2. I then altered it to python and it still didn't work.

Not sure how the docker system works, but I get this from logging into the unraid box:

root@Pootle:/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/config/autoProcessTV# /usr/bin/env python  
/usr/bin/env: python: No such file or directory
root@Pootle:/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/config/autoProcessTV# /usr/bin/env python2
/usr/bin/env: python2: No such file or directory

Not sure how the docker system works, but I get this from logging into the unraid box:

root@Pootle:/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/config/autoProcessTV# /usr/bin/env python  
root@Pootle:/mnt/cache/appdata/sabnzbd/config/autoProcessTV# /usr/bin/env python2

It works... not like that. You'd have to attach yourself to the actual docker instance.

do a "docker ps" and find your container ID.

Then "docker exec -i -t 665b4a1e17b6 bash" (replace with the proper ID) and you'll be inside your container.

It works... not like that. You'd have to attach yourself to the actual docker instance.

do a "docker ps" and find your container ID.

Then "docker exec -i -t 665b4a1e17b6 bash" (replace with the proper ID) and you'll be inside your container.

Hi, thanks for that, sorry was half asleep when I posted yesterday. Still no joy getting it working though