[Support] binhex - SickRage

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-sickrage  in the binhex repo.

Application: SickRage- https://github.com/sickRage/SickRage

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-sickrage/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-sickrage

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

IMPORTANT - This Docker image is now deprecated, please either move over to SickChill or use another fork such as Medusa.

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This actually looks alot more polished than sickbeard. Are there plans to add VPN support for this?

It already supports VPN. Just enable privoxy in any of binhex's VPN downloaders and enter the privoxy url in the proxy host spot in sickrage.

Did not know this - can you explain a little more on how to link them all together - would like to use the same single vpn connection for all his dockers, as my vpn providor only allows 3 connections

Thanks

Myk

This actually looks alot more polished than sickbeard. Are there plans to add VPN support for this?

It already supports VPN. Just enable privoxy in any of binhex's VPN downloaders and enter the privoxy url in the proxy host spot in sickrage.

Did not know this - can you explain a little more on how to link them all together - would like to use the same single vpn connection for all his dockers, as my vpn providor only allows 3 connections

Thanks

Myk

There's really nothing more to explain, it's just that simple. Enable privoxy, set that privoxy url in whatever app's http proxy config spot. You can test that it's working by setting the privoxy url in your browser's proxy connection setting and then navigating to any of the numerous websites that will tell you your IP and location.

Just finished installing it. WOW so many options.

I understand what your saying re: VPN. Basically if your using delugevpn then that side of things regarding vpn connection is covered and would only really need to use a proxy if you live in a country that blocks access to some sites.

But having said that would still like to know how to use the proxy on sickrage.

Thanks

Myk

There's really nothing more to explain, it's just that simple. Enable privoxy, set that privoxy url in whatever app's http proxy config spot. You can test that it's working by setting the privoxy url in your browser's proxy connection setting and then navigating to any of the numerous websites that will tell you your IP and location.

HEHE ok now im on the same train as you. After a quick search discovered there is a actual privoxy docker. I can only assume your referring to that.

Thanks

Myk

So I only need to enable it on one of his VPN type dockers, and then point it to ip:8118?

Myk

• 1 month later...

Im sure someone will have a giggle about this, but for some reason sickrage is asking for a username and password.

Im sure I set one up but cant for the life of me work out what it is.

Is there a config file I will find the username in or is there a way to reset the username without having to default the install?

Hey binhex

Is it possible to add VPN support to this - so ISP does not see any access to any index site?

Myk

Step 1. Enable privoxy in any of binhex's VPN enabled dockers.

Step 2. Fill in proxy host field in advanced general setting to use the privoxy you enabled in step 1.

Step 3. Click checkbox to use proxy for indexers.

Step 4. Profit?

Hey binhex

Is it possible to add VPN support to this - so ISP does not see any access to any index site?

Myk

Step 1. Enable privoxy in any of binhex's VPN enabled dockers.

Step 2. Fill in proxy host field in advanced general setting to use the privoxy you enabled in step 1.

Step 3. Click checkbox to use proxy for indexers.

Step 4. Profit?

k, will have to try it

Thanks

Myk

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else running into this problem?

2016-08-21 11:11:57 POSTPROCESSER :: [50e350e] Exception generated in thread POSTPROCESSER: error 2 : No such file or directory

Basically, I've got a post-processing directory full of stuff and Sickrage isn't processing the files for some reason. I've recently upgraded to unRAID 6.2 (latest RC) and suspect permissions might have something to do with it. Docker volumes are all properly mapped etc. and I've tried removing the docker (+delete image) and reinstalling. Could be an error with Sickrage since manual post-processing is throwing up funky python errors.

Is there any special steps that need to be taken during the 6.1->6.2 migration?

EDIT: I think I may have accidentally "updated" Sickrage through the web interface. I suspect the latest commits broke something. If you're like me and you get antsy when you see you're many commits behind, it's probably a good idea to disable the update notifications and trust Binhex to keep us reasonably up to date--especially considering that the Sickrage crew has a nasty habit of breaking things regularly.

RxFhapo.png

Anyone else running into this problem?

2016-08-21 11:11:57 POSTPROCESSER :: [50e350e] Exception generated in thread POSTPROCESSER: error 2 : No such file or directory

Basically, I've got a post-processing directory full of stuff and Sickrage isn't processing the files for some reason. I've recently upgraded to unRAID 6.2 (latest RC) and suspect permissions might have something to do with it. Docker volumes are all properly mapped etc. and I've tried removing the docker (+delete image) and reinstalling. Could be an error with Sickrage since manual post-processing is throwing up funky python errors.

Is there any special steps that need to be taken during the 6.1->6.2 migration?

EDIT: I think I may have accidentally "updated" Sickrage through the web interface. I suspect the latest commits broke something. If you're like me and you get antsy when you see you're many commits behind, it's probably a good idea to disable the update notifications and trust Binhex to keep us reasonably up to date--especially considering that the Sickrage crew has a nasty habit of breaking things regularly.

RxFhapo.png

ok ive just got back from my little break and pressed the button to build the latest sickrage "release" so you should see this pop up as available (assuming your using unraid 6.2 rc). And yeah stay away from the in-app update feature, this works fine in a normal environment but would most probably break the docker container if you attempted it.