I can't get PCIe ACS Override to turn off

I set this to get a second VM running, but was warned it may cause unstability, so I've decided to turn it off.  It tells me I have to reboot the server to get it to take effect.  I did, and it did take effect.

That was about a week ago.

now, I'm trying to get pfSense setup on the server, which requires me to exclude a NIC using the syslinux.cfg file, but when I try doing that it still shows both of my NICs in the devices page, and when I scrolled down I see this warning (again)...

Warning: Your system has booted with the PCIe ACS Override setting enabled. The below list doesn't not reflect the way IOMMU would naturally group devices. To see natural IOMMU groups for your hardware, go to the VM Settings page and set the PCIe ACS Override setting to No.

I went to the libvirt icon in settings, and sure enough, it was turned back on.  I turned it off and rebooted, but it's still giving me the warning and telling me I have to reboot for the change to take effect.

NOTE: on the libvirt settings page it still shows the option as "No", and tells me to reboot, even after I rebooted (3 times now).  It shows "No" as soon as I go to the page, so it's remembering my selection, but it's not letting me force the change with a reboot.

ideas?

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to add that I am having a similar problem, but opposite: IWhen trying to enable acs override from the webgui it sticks up a message saying to reboot for changes to take effect. I reboot, acs is still not applying and the message still says "You must reboot for changes to take effect".

Is there somewhere I can log this bug? I am guessing by now LT are already aware of this one.

UPDATE: I did some further investigation on this and it is because when you enable  acs override in the web gui it only updates the boot configuration for booting to terminal (aka the first boot option). It does not append the acs overide switch to the web gui /bzimage boot option. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or possibly an oversight. Considering acs override can be enabled from within the web gui, it seems like a bug.

• 2 years later...
On 5/2/2016 at 10:42 AM, JustJoshin said:

Just wanted to add that I am having a similar problem, but opposite: IWhen trying to enable acs override from the webgui it sticks up a message saying to reboot for changes to take effect. I reboot, acs is still not applying and the message still says "You must reboot for changes to take effect".

Is there somewhere I can log this bug? I am guessing by now LT are already aware of this one.

UPDATE: I did some further investigation on this and it is because when you enable  acs override in the web gui it only updates the boot configuration for booting to terminal (aka the first boot option). It does not append the acs overide switch to the web gui /bzimage boot option. I'm not sure whether this is a bug or possibly an oversight. Considering acs override can be enabled from within the web gui, it seems like a bug.

I have the same problem. 

The message still says "You must reboot for changes to take effect" after I reboot.