Author Topic: Fails to join domain  (Read 10000 times)

Offline jesser

Fails to join domain
« on: November 11, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
I've been using unRaid since beta 5, and the A/D integration has more or less worked (other than the periodic lost permissions).  But for some reason, today the server lost connection with A/D with the following error in syslog when I try to get it to join:

Nov 11 13:42:16 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'XXXX-XXXX.COM' over rpc: Logon failure
Nov 11 13:42:24 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: failed to lookup DC info for domain 'XXXX-XXXX.COM' over rpc: Logon failure
Nov 11 13:42:33 Tower logger: Failed to join domain: Failed to set account flags for machine account (NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)

Where XXXX-XXXX.COM is our FQDN.  I was running beta 6 at the time this happened, and then upgraded to beta 8 with no change.  No configurations were changed recently.  Anyone have any ideas?

Offline limetech

• Administrator
    • Lime Technology
Re: Fails to join domain
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 11:14:13 AM »
If you roll back to -beta6 does join work correctly?

The lost permissions problem is hopefully fixed in -beta8, though I guess you can't test that if you can't  join  ???

Currently testing AD integration in -beta9 which has the latest Samba 3 version (3.4.3).

Offline jesser

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »
Same issue when I go back to beta 6.  I'm also having a problem with the other security types as well.  I can't seem to use user shares since I'm using a windows environment (doesn't seem to like the DOMAIN/USER names), and when I turn on simple security I get the following error when trying to access the drive:

The account is not authorized to log in from this station.

Any ideas?  It looks like my data is stuck until this can get resolved :'(
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 11:43:53 AM by jesser »

Offline limetech

• Administrator
    • Lime Technology
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 12:08:00 PM »
In testing Simple/User/AD security models (esp. switching back and forth) it was sometimes necessary to clear out Windows saved login credenitals.  This can be done by opening a command window and type:

net use /delete *

Offline tomalart

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 02:01:32 AM »
Fails to join domain

I am running the following command under RedHat Linux and I get the following error upon a net ads command upon joining to an AD environment.

Client not found in Kerberos Database
Failed to Join Domain: Improperly formed account named. How can I fix this error?

I have configured by krb5.conf, the etc/nsswitch.conf but I still getting the error.