[Support] binhex - Tvheadend

binhex

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-tvheadend in the binhex repo.

Application: Tvheadend - https://tvheadend.org/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-tvheadend/

GitHub: https://github.com/binhex/arch-tvheadend

Documentationhttps://github.com/binhex/documentation

If you appreciate my work, then please consider buying me a beer  :D

btn_donate_SM.gif

For other Docker support threads and requests, news and Docker template support for the binhex repository please use the "General" thread here

Edited by binhex

Is it possible to only specify the adapterX folder when passing through a DVB card now as it is explained in your github repo?

This is what I have in my tvheadend template for 4 DVB tuners.

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

Is it possible to only specify the adapterX folder when passing through a DVB card now as it is explained in your github repo?

This is what I have in my tvheadend template for 4 DVB tuners.

--device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter0/net0  
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter1/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter2/net0    
--device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/demux0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/dvr0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/frontend0 --device=/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0:/dev/dvb/adapter3/net0

Sure you can do exactly what your already doing but there is no advantage to this, it just means longer command line that's all. If you instead pass through/dev/dvb/adapterX then you don't need to specify the sub folders I.e. demux, dvr, frontend, net.

That must have been added to a later docker version as when I did exactly the same it complained about the folder not being a device. Good thing they changed it  :)

You can also now even use wildcards so this is also possible --device=/dev/dvb/adapter* but I don't know which version of docker supports it

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Before I start, I am a complete noob when it comes to unRaid, Linux and Docker.

I have installed the TVheadend docker container, via the CA plugin, but I can not get it to run.

I suspect it has something to do with the --devices variable not being editable during the install.

All variables where left at their defaults except:

Host Path 2: = /mnt/user/Tvheadend/

AppData Config Path: = /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-tvheadend/

When I press the apply button I get:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Tvheadend" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 9981:9981/tcp -p 9982:9982/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Tvheadend/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-tvheadend/":"/config":rw --device=path to tuner device binhex/arch-tvheadend

invalid value "path" for flag --device: path is not an absolute path

See '/usr/bin/docker run --help'.

The command failed.

It looks obvious that I need to set the --device path, but how?

One other thing I do not have a physical TV adapter installed in the unRAID server but I was planning to use a network HDhomerun tuner.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

KaySee

Hi,

Before I start, I am a complete noob when it comes to unRaid, Linux and Docker.

I have installed the TVheadend docker container, via the CA plugin, but I can not get it to run.

I suspect it has something to do with the --devices variable not being editable during the install.

All variables where left at their defaults except:

Host Path 2: = /mnt/user/Tvheadend/

AppData Config Path: = /mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-tvheadend/

When I press the apply button I get:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Tvheadend" --net="bridge" -e TZ="Europe/London" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -p 9981:9981/tcp -p 9982:9982/tcp -v "/mnt/user/Tvheadend/":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/binhex-tvheadend/":"/config":rw --device=path to tuner device binhex/arch-tvheadend

invalid value "path" for flag --device: path is not an absolute path

The command failed.

It looks obvious that I need to set the --device path, but how?

One other thing I do not have a physical TV adapter installed in the unRAID server but I was planning to use a network HDhomerun tuner.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

KaySee

You edit that in the extra parameters section.  No idea about what to do with a network tuner.  But I guess you could just delete the line and see what happens

You edit that in the extra parameters section.  No idea about what to do with a network tuner.  But I guess you could just delete the line and see what happens

The extra parameters section isn't available in the GUI, and as a noob I didn't know how to edit the template xml file, but after a bit of research I found that I could edit it in windows via the flash share.

Anyway thanks for the pointer, I just deleted the <ExtraParams> inner text and the docker now installs and runs, I haven't got the HDhomerun working but I suspect that is a Tvheadend configuration setting.

KaySeeOne

The extra parameters section isn't available in the GUI, and as a noob I didn't know how to edit the template xml file, but after a bit of research I found that I could edit it in windows via the flash share.

Anyway thanks for the pointer, I just deleted the <ExtraParams> inner text and the docker now installs and runs, I haven't got the HDhomerun working but I suspect that is a Tvheadend configuration setting.

KaySeeOne

What version of unraid?  I checked on both my 6.1.9 and 6.2rc4 and its there under both basic and advanced view

You might want to check for plugin updates also

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Also, not sure which version of TVH binhex is using, but the Unstable (which in my experience is rock solid stable) has a setup wizard which makes things a lot easier.

i build with stable releases only, but its very encouraging to hear that the "unstable" builds are actually...well....stable :-).

Also, not sure which version of TVH binhex is using, but the Unstable (which in my experience is rock solid stable) has a setup wizard which makes things a lot easier.

i build with stable releases only, but its very encouraging to hear that the "unstable" builds are actually...well....stable :-).

Yeah I found an issue with my setup that needed a fairly recent commit at the time so I switched from stable to unstable and it's been solid....

Pretty sure unstable refers to how quickly the code is updated and changed, not how it runs.  :D

That's a good point, and believe it or not, never thought about it like that.  Warning, if I ever tell you something I do is unstable, what I'm actually saying is "This probably will break stuff..."  ;D

Pretty sure unstable refers to how quickly the code is updated and changed, not how it runs.  :D

i kinda agree, but stable (in my mind at least) refers to the "quality" of the code as well, so a stable version SHOULD in theory be unit tested, and to the best knowledge of the author at that time, bug free, unstable is code that is continuously being "worked on" and thus may contain more/some bugs and therefore COULD be less stable than the "stable" version, at least thats how i use those definitions when coding :-).

• 4 months later...

Hello, trying to install TVHeadend Server on my new unraid server, sadly getting following error.

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-tvheadend" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_9981"="9981" -e "TCP_PORT_9982"="9982" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/data":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-tvheadend":"/config":rw --device=/dev/tuner type binhex/arch-tvheadend

Unable to find image 'type:latest' locally

Pulling repository docker.io/library/type

/usr/bin/docker: Error: image library/type:latest not found.

The command failed.

on 1st install all downloads looked ok, Docker didnt show up in docker list, now when i try to add it again i get upper shown messages.

when i check the tvheadend share i see some files written there ...

may an tipp what i ve done wrong ?

Hello, trying to install TVHeadend Server on my new unraid server, sadly getting following error.

Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="binhex-tvheadend" --net="host" -e TZ="Europe/Berlin" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "TCP_PORT_9981"="9981" -e "TCP_PORT_9982"="9982" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/data":"/data":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/binhex-tvheadend":"/config":rw --device=/dev/tuner type binhex/arch-tvheadend

Unable to find image 'type:latest' locally

Pulling repository docker.io/library/type

/usr/bin/docker: Error: image library/type:latest not found.

The command failed.

on 1st install all downloads looked ok, Docker didnt show up in docker list, now when i try to add it again i get upper shown messages.

when i check the tvheadend share i see some files written there ...

may an tipp what i ve done wrong ?

The line below looks wrong. Did you change it yourself? Post a screen shot when in advanced mode.

--device=/dev/tuner type binhex/arch-tvheadend

If it's a dvb card, it should be /dev/dvb. Type should be removed anyway.

here are the screenshots

Advanced view please.

replaced the pics

You haven't changed the parameter in the extra parameters box from the default one.

If you have a USB or pcie dvb adapter, change it to the below.

--device=/dev/dvb

If you are using IPTV or hdhomerun, remove everything in the box.

here are the screenshots

Advanced view please.

replaced the pics

You haven't changed the parameter in the extra parameters box from the default one.

--device=/dev/dvb

thanks alot ;)

here are the screenshots

Advanced view please.

replaced the pics

--device=/dev/dvb

thanks alot ;)

keep in mind if your not using iptv or hdhomerun then you will need to run a custom version of unraid. as the standard releases do not include the required drivers for pci/usb tuners (or at least it didnt used to). there is a thread about custom release of unraid that includes the required drivers, im afraid i dont have the link to hand but im sure you can search and find it.

i use pci devices, sadly cant get the DVB-C to work, DVB-S seems to work fine, may i need to try a different DVB version from unraid,

i saw there are different DVB versions available with probably different drivers ...

thanks again for the advice, i ll try to get DVB-C working and my other unraid issues i still have ;) im new to this but seems to be a nice thing when i get all sorted.

Edit, may an idea why dvb-c aint working

2016-12-28 23:17:44.002 mpegts: 114MHz in KDG - tuning on Silicon Labs Si2165 DVB-T DVB-C : DVB-C #0

2016-12-28 23:17:44.002 opentv-skyuk: registering mux 114MHz in KDG

2016-12-28 23:17:44.008 subscription: 0113: "keep" subscribing to mux "114MHz", weight: 1, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2165 DVB-T DVB-C : DVB-C #0", network: "KDG", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2016-12-28 23:17:44.008 mpegts: Silicon Labs Si2165 DVB-T DVB-C : DVB-C #0 - Silicon Labs Si2165 DVB-T DVB-C : DVB-C #0 - linked input cannot be started (All: 0)

2016-12-28 23:17:44.008 subscription: 0112: "scan" subscribing to mux "114MHz", weight: 5, adapter: "Silicon Labs Si2165 DVB-T DVB-C : DVB-C #0", network: "KDG", service: "Raw PID Subscription"

2016-12-28 23:17:49.000 mpegts: 114MHz in KDG - scan no data, failed

2016-12-28 23:17:49.000 subscription: 0112: "scan" unsubscribing

2016-12-28 23:17:49.000 subscription: 0113: "keep" unsubscribing

2016-12-28 23:17:54.017 mpegts: 11288V in SAT scan complete

2016-12-28 23:17:54.017 subscription: 0110: "scan" unsubscribing