[Solved] Forgot to wipe/format my old SSD before putting it in as a Cache drive

So, after all of my various system upgrades over the last month, I had a spare 240GB 2.5" SSD (The system drive from my old desktop) laying around. On a whim I threw it into my unRAID build when cleaning up tonight.  I never wiped or formatted it before doing so. The drive had at least two partions on it, one of which was the windows recovery section. That seems to be the partition unRAID decided to use (which is only about 500MB). Soooo... this might be a dumb question, but how do I go about reformatting it  so I can use the WHOLE 240GB worth of space? For the life of me I can't find anywhere in the unRAID webui to do so. I'm probably just missing it somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

• 3 months later...

same issue here but not same luck i cant get format option to save me

Don't want to give the commands to get rid of the partitions in Linux (as tbh I'd really have to research and I'm not going to start playing around)

But, its easy to fix in Windows

Toss it in your box, then right click on This PC (or My Computer) and hit Manage.  Then you can go to disk management and delete all of the existing partitions on the drive

I used my seagate firmware tool to list drives then ran this dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sg4  bs=512  count=1 (also did it with /dev/sde since that is what it showed in unraid).  Then to be certain i turned it off and checked in windows and it was wiped there too.  Guess what it does now?  It starts and shows 0 space and says unmountable no file system! 

Nevermind i got it, format is there now  ;D  Thanks man!