[SOLVED] sabznbd needo rep - default port defaults to 8080

Hello,

I use multiple containers, 2 of which have ports that conflict. plexwatch uses port 8080 (would like to keep it that way) and sabz also uses default port 8080.

under config I change the HTTP port to 8081, save and restart. browse to A.B.C.D:8081 and it works.

HOWEVER, if I restart sabz (through unraid webGUI) it defaults back to port 8080. Every time.

I've checked the .ini and after a restart it (through unraids webgui) will show port 8080. if I change it on the application and save/restart via the config page and then check the .ini it shows port 8081...

is there a solution for this or do I have to live with it?

xisplo

Start by posting in the relevant support threads....

See the sticky here

You change the port for SAB under the docker config not the app config.

well i see.

what a terrible way to manage support though... guess ill live with it. not worth the effort of finding such specific thread under 'docker containers'.

Also, I have changed the port on the docker http://[iP]:[PORT:8081]/

But the 1st concern still applies as the config file will always default the container to use 8080

edit: changed container to bridge mode, host port to 8081

working. thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Start by posting in the relevant support threads....

See the sticky here

You change the port for SAB under the docker config not the app config.

well i see.

what a terrible way to manage support though... guess ill live with it. not worth the effort of finding such specific thread under 'docker containers'.

No, it's a brilliant way to manage support as all the support threads can be found in Community Applications...

Also consider this, I help support the linuxserver.io containers, if people post in the appropriate support thread, then I see the posts far more easily than if everyone just creates new threads.  Plus the next person who comes along also can read about issues that have cropped up and maybe solve their own problem.  It makes it far more straightforward for everyone in the end, but does require a little effort on the part of the original poster of a query, community applications makes this easy for people to find the appropriate support thread down to a LOT of hard work by the container authors and Squid the author of Community Applications, all of whom have put a lot of effort into making your docker experience as simple as we can....

Care to revise your opinion?  ::)

wlK3nxW.png

Also, I have changed the port on the docker http://[iP]:[PORT:8081]/

But the 1st concern still applies as the config file will always default the container to use 8080

It doesn't matter as you remap the host port.  What port it is using container side should be fixed as if the ini file and the docker template get different ports then it won't work...

That's a screenshot of the forum.  Mine is a screenshot of the Unraid webui with the Community Application plugin installed.  When you click on a docker container to read the description it gives you a link to the support thread.  :-\

I won't be changing my opinion either.  Your statement basically says I can't be bothered to find the right thread so change the system.  Reread my post above and you'll realise why it is the way it is.

Put it this way, we put a lot more time in supporting users than you'll ever spend looking for the thread.  So, if you can't be bothered, then please tell me why we should be?

If you read the post above yours in the sticky, you'll also see Squid has kept the posts updated with all the support threads.  In alphabetical order....

What more do you think the community can do to help you?  Remember we're all doing this for free....

In a couple of days your post will be buried in a load more threads and nobody will ever be able to find it, so any pearl of wisdom pertinent to the container will be lost, you will be happy because your problem is solved, but the next person....

If it is in the support thread then others can benefit.....

The way you propose, then those of us that are VOLUNTEERS are meant to search for relevant support questions to our containers or plugins....

I think you should be seriously considering revising your opinion if you want the community to help you.

Personally as someone who does support a lot of containers and the Unraid mediabuilds I'm a tad offended......

The screenshot was an attempt to show you how a search will not help me find the specific location to post in this situation.

I understand you do it for free, and I have assisted people for free on here as well while attempting to give back.

I find it hard for anyone to find assistance the way the container support child forum is setup.

How ever, please do and move this to the proper location or delete it.

Appreciate the help, as your tip did point me towards the right direction.

I get that, but I don't use plugins nor do I plan on loading any type of plugin, not even one for support.

Thus I come on to the forums.

Lets bury the hatchet.

Have a great weekend. Cant wait for 6.2 and dual parity.

Again, thanks. And if need-be please delete/move this thread.

xisplo

You're using docker containers, so CA makes a lot of sense. It adds a lot of functionality and ease of use to dockers.  The vast majority of people on here use it.

You don't want to then that's your perogative.  But at least play by the rules on the forums.  That's all I have left to say.