Not For unRAID: SuperTalent Pico series Flash drives

Zithras

I just wanted to warn everyone not to try and run unRAID off a Supertalent Pico series flash drive.  When you use them, they get extremely warm, and eventually fail.  I installed unRAID Pro on two PicoC drives in January.  One failed for me after about 4 months, the other just failed (after about 11 months).  They are now replaced by Lexar Firefly drives, which seem to be working just fine.

Hope this helps,

Zithras

Thanks for that.  I'd been considering using one of those (since it's in my pocket)

My OCZ Rally 2 seemed to have some issues with SMART monitoring (for some reason) and when I would run smarthistory (part of unmenu) it would get very unreliable and start losing directories and files.  A reboot clears up the key.  I have to recommend against it if you're looking to use smarthistory and I'd be afraid of anything else that might cause it to go insane).  Replaced with a Transcend and it's been rock solid and reliable.