Docker Issue

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right area in the forum or not so please move if it isn't.

I'm not able to open any dockers within their webgui. I have tried both crashplan and the Makemkv docker.

Would the be from unraid itself or caused from the computer I'm using to access the unraid Gui?

This just started yesterday. I'm on 6.2 beta 20

The message below is from the Makemkv docker:

Server is already active for display 1

If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

Error: Can't open display: :1

ok: down: openbox: 1s, normally up, want up

Openbox-Message: Failed to open the display from the DISPLAY environment variable.

Fatal server error:

Server is already active for display 1

If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.X1-lock

and start again.

ddxGiveUp:

ok: down: openbox: 1s, normally up, want up

Thanks

Since those messages are actually from the webUI (guacamole / xrdp) for each of those apps, unraid is doing its job correctly.

Probably best off posting in the respective support threads (and ideally post a screen shot) so that other users can help you (I use neither of them)

• 2 weeks later...

ok... I played around with Dolphin (uses Guacamole), and this is "sort of" an issue.

I can replicate this.  By stopping and then starting Dolphin and going to its UI, I am perpetually unable to connect.

However if I stop it, start it again, and then wait a bit then I am able to access the UI no problems.

It looks like Guacamole if it fails to connect to the UI (in this case because Dolphin isn't up and running) then it will continually throw errors even after the app is running)

Two solutions:  Wait a couple minutes after starting the app back up before trying to hit the GUI, or don't shut it down.  (In my case, I just don't shut it down.  Most docker apps use minimal resources if they're not actually doing anything)