Looking for a dropbox solution

Hello all,

I've been testing unraid out for the past week and have had pretty good success with everything EXCEPT dropbox.

I've tried 2 dropbox dockers,

one from roninkenji

and

one from gfjardim

Both of them seem to lock up my unraid box if I try to stop or restart them. 

Here's what I'm looking for.

Dropbox docker or plugin

To be able to use an existing file share created under the Shares section.

I'd like have local/lan users to be able to access this share w/o a user/password. 

I'd like to be able to transfer files to this share, and have it replicate to the cloud.

In kind, I'd like to have remote users be able to update files via their dropbox client and have those changes reflect on the unraid server.

Can this be done?

In my testing, it seemed to work if I started the change on the server... but if I tried to modify anything remotely, it failed and I'd receive a lot of 404 HEAD block/ level errors.

Odd that your box locks up.

In any case, some general Dropbox on a share assumptions

• Let's assume Dropbox docker 1 and Dropbox docker 2 are installed with Share1 and Share2 respectively.
  • Share1 and Share2 must be cache-only or cache-less shares.
  • if the Shares are public shares - all access are via the user nobody.
  • Any user is allowed to put files in Share1 or Share2 and have it replicate properly.

So far what you have seems good.

Catch #1: Do you have users defined in unRaid? -> this causes files created by a specific user to be owned by that user.

If the Dropbox users match these users, then the problem becomes: when User1 creates a file in Share1, this file is owned by User1, but can be read by "nobody", so Docker1 will replicate to the cloud. when the cloud file is updated elsewhere, Docker1 will try to overwrite the file and fail since the "nobody" is not the same as "User1". Hence the 404 errors.

Fix? Depending on how your files are all set up in unRaid, you might want to take this approach:

• force all files to be owned by "nobody".
  • all public access shares will work as normal.
  • all private access shares will use the user accounts to authorize access, but files will still be owned by "nobody"

To set this up: refer to: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=46401.msg461664#msg461664

If you other problems, don't hesitate to ask (you might want to post on the support thread too)