stubbing pci devices in unraid 6.2

Hi,

I'm using unraid 6.2 beta and have a usb 3.0 controller that i stubb so i can pass it through via gui to my vm.

I have a number of vms i use and only one of them i use for the usb passthrough.

The annoying thing for me is that to pass it through it must be stubbed. As when i am not using the vm that has the controller passthrough, i cant with other machines plug a usb device in the controller and pass that through. Before when manually editing the vm in 6.1, when i wasnt using the passthrough as it wasnt stubbed it would be available to unraid and other machines when that vm not in use.

I like the ease of being able to passthrough with the gui, but not having to stubb.

Anyway my question is - Is there another way to mark the pci device to be passed through via Gui without stubbing?

ok i wanted to release the usb 3.0 controller back to unraid so i took it out of my syslinux file.

Now it is as below

default /syslinux/menu.c32
menu title Lime Technology, Inc.
prompt 0
timeout 50
label unRAID OS
  menu default
  kernel /bzimage
  append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot
label unRAID OS GUI Mode
  kernel /bzimage
   append pcie_acs_override=downstream initrd=/bzroot,/bzroot-gui
label unRAID OS Safe Mode (no plugins, no GUI)
  kernel /bzimage
  append initrd=/bzroot unraidsafemode
label Memtest86+
  kernel /memtest

But the usb controller is still listed in the VM Gui as an option to passthrough. (although not checked)

Anything i plug into the controller isnt listed in the usb devices, so obviously its still stubbed?

prime-diagnostics-20160414-1843.zip