[Support] activ - LazyLibrarian

Update februari 2018: I no longer have the possibility to keep supporting this docker. If anyone wants to take over please feel free, grab my stuff from GitHub and make your own. 

Overview: Support for Docker image arch-lazylibrarian in the activ repo.

Application: LazyLibrarian https://github.com/DobyTang/LazyLibrarian

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/activ/arch-lazylibrarian/

GitHub: https://github.com/activ/arch-lazylibrarian

Credit: Most of the work was done by Binhex making the arch-base image.

Edited by activ
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fast work :-), couple of things i spotted:-

1. i would alter your link to github to point at the application source files, https://github.com/activ/arch-lazylibrarian, most people arent really concerned about the docker xml tbh.

2. i see your doing a git clone, whilst this of course works, you might want to consider using AUR (arch user repo) its got pretty much every app under the sun, you can use a package "helper" to make the process of installation pretty easy, take a look here for example of how im doing this for couchpotato:-

https://github.com/binhex/arch-couchpotato/blob/master/setup/root/aur.sh 

all you would need to do is change line 10 to be the package name, in this case "lazylibrarian-git" and your good to go, the only things you need to identify is where the package gets installed to so you can kick it off in supervisor, you can search AUR for packages here:-

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/?setlang=en

i hope this helps.

I've now also done the switch from git to AUR,the update has been pushed to the docker repo.

cool, one other thing you might want to consider is switching from building images locally to getting dockerhub to do the building, this has the advantage that you keep your build env off your environment, as well as people then being able to see the output of the build on dockerhub, not to mention support for tags too.

so you can hook github and dockerhub together, and you then set it to auto trigger a build on any github commits or you can set dockerhub to manual trigger, i would advise the second option as this then gives you control to add in tags in dockerhub. tags are important and allows the users to roll back incase of either a bad build or an issue with the app, i basically tag all my releases with <aur release>-XX where XX is a numeric indicating my build count for that version, e.g. for lazylibrarian the tag for first build would be 736.d66f7e9-1-01, this is a funny one as its a github build number so its a bit more cryptic, but you get the idea :-).

just to be clear when under heavy dev i would advise building locally until you are confident enough to push it to github and build using dockerhub, building locally is still faster than building on dockerhub.

Have you tested deluge native connections? I'm getting an error

Deluge: Connect FAILED
[Errno 111] Connection refusedCheck Deluge HOST and PORT settings

using the same settings that work successfully in sonarr and couchpotato.

Hey, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you are trying to have LazyLibrarian connect to the deluge in your other docker?

No, I have not tested that. Don't really see why it would be an issue though.

If the deluge is the one with vpn in it, maybe the iptables firewall is the one blocking things (there are several ip ranges involved).

If you can give me a better picture of what you are trying to do I'll try and give you some troubleshooting tips.

I've now also done the switch from git to AUR,the update has been pushed to the docker repo.

cool, one other thing you might want to consider is switching from building images locally to getting dockerhub to do the building, this has the advantage that you keep your build env off your environment, as well as people then being able to see the output of the build on dockerhub, not to mention support for tags too.

so you can hook github and dockerhub together, and you then set it to auto trigger a build on any github commits or you can set dockerhub to manual trigger, i would advise the second option as this then gives you control to add in tags in dockerhub. tags are important and allows the users to roll back incase of either a bad build or an issue with the app, i basically tag all my releases with <aur release>-XX where XX is a numeric indicating my build count for that version, e.g. for lazylibrarian the tag for first build would be 736.d66f7e9-1-01, this is a funny one as its a github build number so its a bit more cryptic, but you get the idea :-).

just to be clear when under heavy dev i would advise building locally until you are confident enough to push it to github and build using dockerhub, building locally is still faster than building on dockerhub.

Sounds cool, I'll look into that.

Have you tested deluge native connections? I'm getting an error

Deluge: Connect FAILED
[Errno 111] Connection refusedCheck Deluge HOST and PORT settings

using the same settings that work successfully in sonarr and couchpotato.

Hey, I'm not sure what you mean. Are you saying you are trying to have LazyLibrarian connect to the deluge in your other docker?

No, I have not tested that. Don't really see why it would be an issue though.

If the deluge is the one with vpn in it, maybe the iptables firewall is the one blocking things (there are several ip ranges involved).

If you can give me a better picture of what you are trying to do I'll try and give you some troubleshooting tips.

You've got it, exactly. I have delugevpn docker happily connected to the sonarr docker on port 8112, and the couchpotato docker on 58846, but neither configuration allows the lazylibrarian docker to connect. In googling, I noticed that headphones just recently got the ability to talk directly to deluge, and I wondered if the migration to lazylibrarian was only half cooked.

Just had a quick look to see if I could get it to work and you need port 58846 and the username/password from the auth file (I did test with the non vpn version so I could be quick).

On a hunch I tried saving the settings and THEN hitting the test deluge button, and what do you know, it works. I ASSumed that the test connection button was there so you could verify it BEFORE you saved the changes, but obviously not.

Sorry for being dense.

Are these git errors to be expected with your implementation? I suspect they are causing the overlay warning I referenced in my previous post.

2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Starting LazyLibrarian web server on http://0.0.0.0:5299/
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Starting LazyLibrarian on port: 5299
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	[VersionCheck] - You are running an unknown version of lazylibrarian. Run the updater to identify your version
2016-05-08 12:58:57	WARNING	(getCommitDifferenceFromGit) - Could not get commits behind from github. Can happen if you have a local commit not pushed to repo
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	[VersionCheck] - Comparing currently installed version with latest github version
2016-05-08 12:58:57	ERROR	(getCurrentVersion) Couldn't find latest git installed version.
2016-05-08 12:58:57	ERROR	git not found - please ensure git executable is in your PATH
2016-05-08 12:58:57	ERROR	git not found - please ensure git executable is in your PATH
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Checking database
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Config file loaded
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Screen Log set to INFO/WARN/ERROR
2016-05-08 12:58:57	INFO	Log level set to [2]- Log Directory is [/config/lazylibrarian/Logs] - Config level is [2]

Yes, that's expected. It's caused by now using git for the installation. My first version used git and didn't have this error, but using git in docker is actually not good practice (as noted by Binhex earlier).

It's safe to ignore the message as it only prevents updates and doesn't impact anything else.

Yes, that's expected. It's caused by now using git for the installation. My first version used git and didn't have this error, but using git in docker is actually not good practice (as noted by Binhex earlier).

It's safe to ignore the message as it only prevents updates and doesn't impact anything else.

Would it be possible to suppress the message somehow? It interferes with my ability to click on active elements behind it, specifically when trying to navigate a multipage list, or select the last book in said list. I can work around it with careful scrolling, but having the ability to acknowledge it and move on with life would be nice.

Activ if this docker requires git to do update checks then just remove the line at the end that uninstalls git and you should be good. I only uninstall git to keep the size down that's all.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have an issue with LL where I can no longer longer access the webui.

This site can’t be reached

192.168.1.250 refused to connect.

I haven't changed any settings, although I think there may have been an auto-update occur. Regardless, it was working and now it isn't, with no input from me.

Tried restarting, tried forced update, any suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is what I get whenever I try to update via the app

21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - INFO    :: MAIN : LazyLibrarian is updating...
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Trying to execute: "git rev-parse --abbrev-ref HEAD" with shell in /opt/lazylibrarian
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Git output: [master]
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (getCurrentGitBranch) Current local branch of repo is [master]
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Trying to execute: "git stash clear" with shell in /opt/lazylibrarian
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Git output: []
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Trying to execute: "git pull origin master" with shell in /opt/lazylibrarian
21-Aug-2016 16:43:28 - DEBUG   :: MAIN : (RunGit)Git output: [fatal: '/tmp/packerbuild-1000/lazylibrarian-git/lazylibrarian-git/LazyLibrarian' does not appear to be a git repository
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights