need help coming up with work around for hardlinking

I have rtorrent and sonar setup on my unraid box. I pretty much seed everything private indefinitely. I recently realized I cannot hard link to the user shares so sonarr has been copying data, which essentially doubles my writes and I don't care for that. I am trying to find a better way to do it and was hoping someone might have a suggestion. Currently I have a cache drive that is used only for my docker images. I have my downloads directory as a user share as well as a share that Plex uses for it's library.

I could just move the download directory to the cache drive so at least I'm not writing to the same disk twice, but instead I'm still writing to 2 disks and the cache disk is small and unprotected. I could just use the disk shares but then, in addition to reconfiguring sonarr and rtorrent, I'm not sure it would work because the shows span multiple disks and I don't think sonarr would be able to tell a show is located in multiple places. Also, I would have to monitor and make sure that one disk share doesn't fill up.

I'm open to suggestions.