Re: Unable to load web interface or Hit Shares - mnever33

I am also experiencing these freezes. Unraid becomes totally unresponsive (no webui, no shares, etc). Also the powerdown plugin can do nothing!

This is not happening regularly and I cannot reproduce this problem. But it happens every 4-5 days or so. I have to press the reset button (or shutdown switch) in order to (re)boot my server.

I noticed that this is happening when I copy or save something in any of my shares (but as I said, not regularly).

I'm so frustrated. I have never had this problem with v5.

I attach the syslog. I would be grateful if you could help.

Thank you...

My system: 1 parity disk, 5 data disks (NO Cache drive). All my disks are ReiserFS.

I have installed two Dockers (transmission and PlexMediaServer) and the Powerdown (2.20) plugin (along with Community Applications).

Running unRAID v6.1.9

syslog.txt

But that doesn't make sense because unRAID 6 should be stable with both file systems.

If there's not problem with the hardware of my server, then this is something that needs to be fixed.

Hopefully someone can look into my diagnostics file and help me narrow down these freezes...

But that doesn't make sense because unRAID 6 should be stable with both file systems.

If there's not problem with the hardware of my system, then this is something that needs to be fixed.

Hopefully someone can look into my diagnostics file and help me narrow down these freezes...

Maybe it is something that needs to be fixed, but waiting for that fix it might be better for you to convert to XFS as a quicker solution.  Problem is not everyone with a ReiserFS array has seen the issue but it's been sporadically noted since V6 has been released.  Not sure anyone has ever pinned down the cause...

If there's not problem with the hardware of my system, then this is something that needs to be fixed.

Maybe it is something that needs to be fixed, but waiting for that fix it might be better for you to convert to XFS as a quicker solution.  Problem is not everyone with a ReiserFS array has seen the issue but it's been sporadically noted since V6 has been released.  Not sure anyone has ever pinned down the cause...

Plus it could be a kernel or Reiser bug and that could take even longer if you want to wait for that to be fixed since Lime normally doesn't fix that type of error.

Thank you all for your replies.

After further reading I see that this is a common problem for those that use the ReiserFS.

I have hard rebooted my server too many times this week.. It is working fine at first boot but after some time the system freezes, when I access it from my home network in order to make a write. It becomes totally unresponsive!

Unfortunately converting to XFS is not an option for me. All my disks are about 80% full and I do not have the necessary space to move my data around. Also, I cannot add a new HDD because I have to pay for the Pro license (now I have 1 parity and 5 data drives, no cache).

The only solution is to go back to v5, which was rock solid since 2009 that I use unRAID! Thank God I have kept the contents of the flash drive before I format it for v6. So I will just re-format it and copy v5 again...

That's sad because v6 is so much better than v5 but there is no other alternative for me. In the future, when I add a new large HDD I will be able to format all the drives to XFS...

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately converting to XFS is not an option for me. All my disks are about 80% full and I do not have the necessary space to move my data around. Also, I cannot add a new HDD because I have to pay for the Pro license (now I have 1 parity and 5 data drives, no cache).

Your Plus license is maxed out for devices in unRAID 5 but when you're using unRAID 6.1 (or higher) you can use up to 12 devices with that same Plus license...  So you could actually test out adding a cache drive (formatted as XFS or BTRFS) under unRAID 6.1/6.2 exclusively for new writes for a few weeks as johnnie.black suggested.