Drive Serial Numbers in esxi and 6.2.0-rc2

I have moved over to running UnRaid on my ESXI box.  Trying to consolidate my machines down to one box.

I am using a Supermicro X10SRH-CF with the LSI 2308 SAS flashed to it mode.  This is passed through to the Host. I added  the line "append mpt3sas.msix_disable=1 initrd=/bzroot" to the syslinux configuration to have the drives show in unraid.

Everything is working like a charm however in unraid on the main tab the identification is showing as a string rather than the actual serial number of the drives.  For example 35000003965ba82ba0, yet if I click on the drive it shows the correct serial number under the identity tab.

thoughts?

Bubba:  you are are the man.  I have followed the steps and it is work.  Did a few test reboots and I am one happy camper..

added to my go file..

cp /boot/60-persistent-storage.rules /lib/udev/rules.d

udevadm control --reload-rules

udevadm trigger --attr-match=subsystem=scsi

sleep 15

It is due to udev scsi naming rules.

First try rebooting.

If that doesn't do it, see this thread:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38487.0

I had the same issue with disks attached to my new Adaptec HBA controller, and the solution of bubbaQ works for me too :)

Instead of the legacy approach of adding configuration to the go file, I created a plugin which uses the latest rules file of unRAID 6.2 plus the 'bubbaQ' modifications.

The plugin approach has the advantage that it can be easily uninstalled or updated as required.

You can install the plugin using the plugin manager and copy this URL:

https://raw.github.com/bergware/dynamix/master/unRAIDv6/dynamix.scsi.devices.plg