Dynamix updated on my 6.1.9, and now webGUI is not functioning properly

ars92

No But You had CA set to auto update the webUI.l (which is not the default setting)  And this is a situation that no one (myself, bonienl and limetech) anticipated or even remotely thought of

Just my 2¢

I'm having the same issue but want to mention I never, ever knowingly set anything, in any software, to auto update.  I'm not even sure what CA stands for but I do know that I wouldn't have changed a setting from a default "do not auto update" to "auto update (and leave me in the dark as to what's changed)" option :-)

I checked the plugins page on a regular basis and would manually update any changes after I read what was included and waited a few days to watch for any fall-out.  The only times I can remember updating the UI package was after a system version update.  I know for a fact that in the past, after a version update, the UI was updated manually.  Until now I don't know of any changes in unRaid that were ever automatically updated.

If auto-updating the UI is some setting in CA, please let me know where that setting is, and once I update to 6.2 I'll be absolutely sure the auto update is disabled.

I guess I'll delete the dynamix.plg file and reboot for now and update to 6.2 once I'm ready.

Thanks for everyone's help on this problem. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had the same problem, but since I was going to update anyway it was easily resolved:

- Went to the plugins tab

- Check for updates

- Download & update option showed up at the very bottom

After that I just rebooted, the shares worked but I had to wait for a while until the GUI worked again, but after that everything, plugins & dockers worked perfectly.

Having the same issue on one machine -- I assume the other one will be fine since I am on 6.2

If I'm reading this correctly this will require that I also upgrade to 6.2?

Is 6.2 stable? I've been using it on my media machine with absolutely no issues (a couple of weeks) but I was holding off upgrading my main machine.

I decided to just do the upgrade today instead of trying to work around this issue.  The install to 6.2 worked perfectly.  The only issue I had (and this may be covered in other topics....I didn't check) is with Docker.

Every Docker container showed update available but couldn't install an update.  Also, I got 3 emails in about 9 minutes saying my docker drive was 84%, 86% and then 88% full.  I just stopped docker, renamed docker.img and then added all of my containers to a new docker.img file.  That seemed to work great and when I was done, and it worked, I just deleted the original docker.img file.

I did check the Community Application Auto Update settings and found that the CA and UI settings were set to auto update.  I changed them to manual.

I'm glad the upgrade from 6.1.9 to 6.2 went as well as it did and I'm excited to add in a second parity drive :-)

Thanks!

This issue should now be solved.  Sorry about the FUBAR-ness, if I had posted about our revised workflow with the other community developers and this could have been avoided.

Does this mean that those of us who got the update file which then had to be deleted will now be able to update again to the last ui update for 6.1.9

Kevin

If you're running 6.1.9, yes.

This issue should now be solved.  Sorry about the FUBAR-ness, if I had posted about our revised workflow with the other community developers and this could have been avoided.

So what's the proper way to fix it if I'm seeing:

Warning: parse_ini_file(state/network.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43 Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43

Does this mean that those of us who got the update file which then had to be deleted will now be able to update again to the last ui update for 6.1.9

Kevin

Updated to the last for 6.1.9. All good. Thank you.

Kevin

If you're running 6.1.9, yes.

So what's the proper way to fix it if I'm seeing:

Warning: parse_ini_file(state/network.ini): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43 Warning: extract() expects parameter 1 to be array, boolean given in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/template.php on line 43

Delete config/plugins/dynamix.plg on the flashdrive then reboot the server

powerdown -r

Also shutting down auto updates for now, though I'm generally favorable to the idea once the kinks are fully sorted out.

Very unfortunate. Auto updates are supposed to help people who don't have time to keep abreast of things on the forum, but in this case it hurt the very people it most needed to help. If you stay on top of things and manually stay updated, you don't really need auto updates. Everybody involved did what they thought was best, but it sure didn't work out too well.

I'm on 6.19 and also have this problem. My question is how do I get to config/plugins/dynamix.plg to delete it? And then how do I run the powerdown -r command? I can telnet in (that's about the limit of my techie/command line/linux knowledge) and now I have a prompt....

Should be able to do it over the network.

Via the command line:

rm /boot/config/plugins/dynamix.plg
powerdown -r

Not having much joy here. I ran the commands in my telnet window, but after powerdown -r I was sort of surprised to see the command prompt still there for quite some time. I thought as the machine shutdown I would get some message. So after a while I typed "exit", which gave me the expected "connection lost" message.

I think I heard the beeps that tell me the machine is shutting down (I'm near the server) and then I waited about 15 minutes. Now when I browse to tower/, which is what I've been doing to get to the WebGUI, the browser tells me the DNS address can't be found. Trying to ping tower gives me the same result.

So I ping the internal IP address, and that responds, so I try to browse to the WebGUI using the IP address (IP address only - no slash or anything else added - should I add something?) and I get a login prompt, which makes me assume that some part of unRAID is running. But after logging in, I just get a screen showing "System is shutting down...". And it's been like that for at least 15 minutes.

Am I going to have to do a hard reset? I really don't want to go through another parity check....

I've found that I can still get to the command line via telnet using the IP address, and "top" shows that there's still something doing on, but I have no idea whether the array is shutting down or restarting or something else. User "nobody" has a Time+ entry of 70:44.49, and command is privoxy.sh - I'm guessing this means the array hasn't shutdown yet?

Since powerdown doesn't seem to be, well, powering down, I thought I should look at the Wiki for guidance at http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Console#To_cleanly_Stop_the_array_from_the_command_line.

Seemed straightforward enough, but failed at the first command. Wiki says:

/root/samba stop

My console replies:

-bash: /root/samba: No such file or directory

After some digging around, there IS a samba command in /usr/sbin but I don't know whether I should use that. I'm at the outer limits of my linux abilities here, and my googling only shows that there are about a zillion versions of linux out there.