Cannot get new server to start array

Dimtar

Hi all.

I bought an HP ML10, its a little server that comes with a 1TB internal drive. When I first received it I put Ubuntu on there but I had issues so I decided to move to unRaid instead. unRAid loads fine and I can see the 1TB drive which I have assigned to the cache drive. Everytime I try to start the array the web interface becomes unresponsive. I thought it might be because the drive contains Ubuntu data so I used the pre-clear plugin to wipe it and that happened overnight.

So with a clear drive I again select it as the cache drive and try to start the array but again an unresponsive web interface. I have attached my diagnostics, can anyone help maybe?

tower-diagnostics-20160923-1835.zip

Hi all.

I bought an HP ML10, its a little server that comes with a 1TB internal drive. When I first received it I put Ubuntu on there but I had issues so I decided to move to unRaid instead. unRAid loads fine and I can see the 1TB drive which I have assigned to the cache drive. Everytime I try to start the array the web interface becomes unresponsive. I thought it might be because the drive contains Ubuntu data so I used the pre-clear plugin to wipe it and that happened overnight.

So with a clear drive I again select it as the cache drive and try to start the array but again an unresponsive web interface. I have attached my diagnostics, can anyone help maybe?

What happens if you assign it as a data drive instead of a cache drive?

Hi all.

It starts straight away. :(

Looks like I need a second drive.

Hi all.

Why?  If you're not running a parity disk, there is no fundamental difference between a data drive and a cache drive

Hi all.

Why?  If you're not running a parity disk, there is no fundamental difference between a data drive and a cache drive

You're not wrong, its just a personal preference. I am grabbing a second drive. I do think if unRaid can't run with only a cache drive then it needs to stop the user from trying to start the array that way.