Can no longer connect to gmail account for notifications

FreeMan

For several years, I've been using my gmail account to have unRAID push me notifications with no issues. A few days ago, I changed my gmail password, and I cannot get the Settings | Notifications page to successfully pass a test using the new password.

I used diceware to come up with 5 words and have some spaces in there. Is there a limit to how many characters the password field will accept? Is it breaking because there are spaces in my password?

The only thing I changed on the page was the password. I've attached a [redacted] shot of my setup page.

Since I'm not getting emails at the moment, I decided to try setting up Pushover.

• I created a pushover account
  • I installed the Android app
  • I named my device
  • I got my "welcome" notification from Po
  • I enabled Pushover in Notifications
  • I put my user key in the User Key field
  • I put my device name in the App Token field
  • I selected a couple of items from the Notification Message drop down
  • I hit Apply

When it came back, I hit Test and got the attached error.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm currently running one drive down while the replacement is preclearing. Don't know if that would have anything to do with it, but thought I'd throw it out there...

unRAID_notification_issue.PNG.e8e3f89ac0c4276bcb7a92abd47f63a2.PNG

unRAID_pushover_error.PNG.9e43c448878f0d21031770d47d46a130.PNG

It looks like I'm totally misunderstanding the purpose of App Token. Seems like that's something that unRAID would have to supply, but I don't know where to look to find that.

OK, I've got Pushover figured out. I didn't realize that I needed to create an API key for unRAID to be able to send a message. I figured that's what the User Key would do.

Anyway, I would still like to know why the gmail isn't working.

Well for GMail. you are supposed to be using a device password. Not the actual password, as the actual password requires a web login to generate an oauth token.

So go to your google account settings and generate a new device password.

Not sure for Pushover as I don't use that.

Sure Tom (LT) posted something about passwords more than 40 characters getting truncated.  But I thought that was only apertaining to the root /webui password  Also the spaces may be problematic.  If it were me I'd try replacing the spaces with periods or something..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Sure Tom (LT) posted something about passwords more than 40 characters getting truncated.  But I thought that was only apertaining to the root /webui password  Also the spaces may be problematic.  If it were me I'd try replacing the spaces with periods or something..

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

The password max length of 40 characters applies to user passwords (including root). There is no such restriction for email passwords.

Btw user passwords will be uplifted to 128 characters in an upcoming version.

This became a low priority compared to all the other issues I suddenly hit. I finally got everything else sorted out, changed my password on Gmail, and presto! No spaces in my Gmail password = working unRAID mail via Gmail

It seems to me to be a bit of a bug to not accept a password with spaces in the notification settings.

Archived