Invalid, missing or expired registration key.

bonkers

I keep having the problem that when I boot my machine, I can't start my array.

I had this in 6.1.9, 6.2.0 and now 6.2.1.

Rebooting doesn't fix it, sometimes shutting down and starting again resolves the problem, if not i have to copy unraid to my usb again to make it work.

When I try to register again online in the webGUI it says ERROR(1) without additional info.

I have tried changing USB drives (now using sandisk ultra fit 16GB usb3.0) and complete reinstall of unraid including VM's.

I'm always careful to shut down properly & time is correct.

I have purchased a licence several weeks ago and server has internet connection via static IP.

It has access to the internet as far as I can tell.

Some sort of issue with usb port/stick?

Tried changing the port?  Especially move it off USB3 to a USB2 port.

It has been running normally now for last startups, I can't afford to try to reproduce the problem, perhaps during the weekend.

I lost the ability to SSH though, can i check internetconnection via the webgui?

SSH was working in the past via putty, anything i can do to re-enable it? I'm getting an error: network error : connection is refused.

I lost the ability to SSH though, can i check internetconnection via the webgui?

SSH was working in the past via putty, anything i can do to re-enable it? I'm getting an error: network error : connection is refused.

SSH support is built-in as standard, so the error should be something simple.    From what I have seen the commonest problem in this area is ending up with zero length ssh key files in the config/ssh folder on the flash drive.  If this is the case then the easiest fix is deleting the zero length files and then rebooting to get new ones generated.

I deleted all files in the SSH folder & rebooted.

I can SSH again but had the same problem again.

I can confirm I have internet connection, IP is static, time is correct.

I'll order a cable to connect via USB 2.0 internally. The mobo usb headers are covered with a GPU and the case is modded to not be opened easily as this system is built to be on expo's, which is why I'd rather avoid putting the Unraid USB it in the case. Replacing the Unraid files on the USB drive has consistently fixed the problem.

Anything else I can try if that would fail? I have only short time-windows where I can work on the system.

What I have tried now, to keep things clear:

-Different versions of UNRAID (6.1.9, 6.2.0 (+ all RC's), 6.2.1), basic licence

-When 6.2.0 stable came I did a complete reinstall of Unraid on a different USB drive (sandisk ultra fit 16GB USB3.0 + format the drives & reinstall VM's

I'm assuming the files on the usb drive get damaged somehow? How would this be related to USB3.0?

• 2 weeks later...

Several things were done, one of them probably includes the solution as the server has been reliable for a while now.

-give the 2 VM's 5 threads of the CPU instead of 6 (thus leaving 2 threads dedicated to unraid)

-put the VM's clean to W8.1 (after continuous problems with W10, spontaneous update to anniversary being the last drop)

-Fresh Unraid 6.2.1 USB drive in USB2.0 port, not 3.0.

No further changes were made, I searched for any USB settings in BIOS but couldn't find anything regarding power management.

Archived