Cannot get my unraid server up and running

I just reinstalled my unraid system into a new cabinet. The system appears to be booting normally, no bios issues..

The system boots off the usb stick and I have checked the usb stick for errors on my windows machine: none found.

I do not seem to be able to reach the system over the netwerk, when I attach a local keyboard I do get a login prompt only it does -not- ask me for a password... Just "root" and it enters.. No password needed.. ifconfig shows 192.168.1.40 as IP, however 192.168.1.5 is set as the static ip on the unraid system..

What is going on ?

Trying it right now..

I did reformat the usb and recreate it allready but that didn't work.. I had a similar thing with a migration at work recently.. Also hefty issues getting usb stuff to boot..

Weird thing is that this usb has been working for years... In the exact same situation..

Ah well... IT is weird sometimes..

Its copying my data back now.. Fingers crossed..

Any "bread" errors in the syslog?

Try using a different USB controller (USB2 vs 3)

I'll check...  I am using the exact same internal usb header I used before... So it seems weird that that would solve it.. But apparently something weird is going on. So I will check this also..

The word "bread" is not in the syslog..

My mouse port worked !  Do not understand why...

Longshot guess is that the case's USB ports are maybe slightly messed up and/or are picking up interferance and that is in turn messing up the USB controllers on the mobo.  Mouse port may be isolated from that problem....

Or something changed in the BIOS regarding the USB ports when moving the mobo (ie: accidentally shorted out the battery, and/or static hit)

My mouse port worked !  Do not understand why...

Longshot guess is that the case's USB ports are maybe slightly messed up and/or are picking up interferance and that is in turn messing up the USB controllers on the mobo.  Mouse port may be isolated from that problem....

Or something changed in the BIOS regarding the USB ports when moving the mobo (ie: accidentally shorted out the battery, and/or static hit)

Both could be true... My cabling is a bit more messed up then it used to.. And I also found that my iipmi settings where gone.. So something happened to the bios.. OR... The motherboard is couple of years old.. Maybe the battery has just run out..