[Support] Watcher (beta app) - No Longer Maintained / Watcher no longer updated

Uirel

Application Name: Watcher

Application Site: https://github.com/nosmokingbandit/watcher3

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/uirel/watcher/

Github: https://github.com/Poag/watcher

Reverse Proxy

To put Watcher behind a reverse proxy you need to edit the following settings in the config.cfg

[Proxy]
behindproxy = true
webroot = /watcher

In your nginx default site conf

location /watcher/ {
                proxy_pass http://<local-ip>:9090/watcher/;
        }

Note

Please be aware that the Watcher application is very new, under heavy development and some functions are a bit funky. If you have problems getting the docker setup correctly on your system please let us know below. However if you are having issues with the application itself, please refer to the Application site above.

As indicated by CHBMB below, the application writer is still writing the core aspects of this application and as such may be reluctant to support Docker users at this time, especially as this is a UNraid container, rather than the 'official' Watcher container.

Edited by Uirel

So I seem to have encountered a problem, perhaps a bug, not sure. When I click on two films that are indicated as 'found' my screen goes grey, if i click again it takes me back to the Watcher screen where I see my films, and I can click on any of the other films with the status 'wanted' just these two with the status 'found' produce the problem. I have tried restarting the Watcher server from inside the app itself and in unRAID by restarting the docker, neither does anything to resolve the issue, nor does there appear to be a way to remove the two films with the status 'found'.

My version of Watcher is: Current version hash: 7d15c88

I've just updated to the new Docker image, and for some reason when I use my local NZBHydra server as a provider, searches are showing no results in Watcher. I can see from the logs that it is hitting my server, and results are being returned by NZBHydra, but Watcher doesn't seem to use them:

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:33,973 core.newznab.search_all: SEARCHING: http://nzbhydraurl:8008/api?apikey=APIKEY&t=movie&imdbid=movieid

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,071 core.sqldb.get_search_results: Retreving Search Results for ttmovieid

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,075 core.sqldb.get_movie_details: Retreving details for ttmovieid.

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,079 core.sqldb.get_marked_results: Retreving Marked Results for ttmovieid.

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,081 core.sqldb.get_distinct: Getting distinct values for ttmovieid in SEARCHRESULTS

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,083 core.updatestatus.movie_status: Setting MOVIES ttmovieid status to Wanted.

INFO 2017-01-01 05:35:39,084 core.sqldb.update: Updating ttmovieidto Wanted in MOVIES.

If I configure it to talk directly to a third party indexer, it does then show things as found, however I then hit the blank screen issue others have logged.

Why don't you all post these issues on the github site for the app?  Docker is a way of PACKAGING applications.  Posting bug reports and questions here will get you nowhere.  We've been testing an ls.io docker version of this application, and quite frankly, it's still in heavy development and buggy as hell, as you're all discovering and for that reason we haven't released it.  Incidentally, the author also won't be interested once you say you're running in a docker container either, as he doesn't support it.  We've actually spoken to him about some changes to enable our docker to be configured a little better but right now he's not too interested, likely because he's still concentrating on the core app stuff.

Why don't you all post these issues on the github site for the app?  Docker is a way of PACKAGING applications.  Posting bug reports and questions here will get you nowhere.  We've been testing an ls.io docker version of this application, and quite frankly, it's still in heavy development and buggy as hell, as you're all discovering and for that reason we haven't released it.  Incidentally, the author also won't be interested once you say you're running in a docker container either, as he doesn't support it.  We've actually spoken to him about some changes to enable our docker to be configured a little better but right now he's not too interested.

Good to know, didn't know you were testing and working on it.

Can someone help me with settings this up? I am looking for the nzbget script, and also wondering what paths I should use for the post-processing. I couldn't find the script under the appdata folder, should I just download the zip file from github?

My docker paths are:

/config

/mnt/user/appdata/Watcher

/downloads

/mnt/cache/downloads/

/movies

/mnt/user/media/movies/

Can someone help me with settings this up? I am looking for the nzbget script, and also wondering what paths I should use for the post-processing. I couldn't find the script under the appdata folder, should I just download the zip file from github?

My docker paths are:

/config

/downloads

/mnt/cache/downloads/

/movies

/mnt/user/media/movies/

The post-processing script is found on the github repo. You must create your own folder and add it there

My docker paths are:

/config

/downloads

/mnt/cache/downloads/

/movies

/mnt/user/media/movies/

I've updated the docker with a change that drops a scripts folder into your /config mapping. If you edit the prepackaged scripts save them with a new name else they'll get overwritten.

Thank you - could I also get some help on getting the post-processor to work? I am not seeing anything relevant in my log file. I have a couple of movies that nzbget downloaded and are just sitting in my downloads folder. My downloads folder is now:

/mnt/cache/downloads/Watcher

and has been updated in the Watcher docker config as well. Cheers.

Thank you - could I also get some help on getting the post-processor to work? I am not seeing anything relevant in my log file. I have a couple of movies that nzbget downloaded and are just sitting in my downloads folder. My downloads folder is now:

/mnt/cache/downloads/Watcher

and has been updated in the Watcher docker config as well. Cheers.

So my Watcher /downloads folder matches my nzbget /downloads folder in this case /mnt/cache/downloads

From the scripts folder (in your config dir) take the nzbget/sab py file and put it into nzbget/sab pp scripts folder, call it with the movies category. That triggers watcher to move the files into the correct location. Dont forget to set your post processing options in watcher.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi All,

I've branched the watcher docker and updated it with the BBQSauce repo for tetsing. I'm afraid i dont use watcher anymore myself so i can't test it aside from the huild process. As such, if you would like to test it, please append you docker image path with :test eg-uirel/watcher:test and let me know how you get on.

If all works well i'll merge it into the main branch and everyone will get the update :)

-Uirel

• 1 year later...
  • Uirel changed the title to [Support] Watcher (beta app) - No Longer Maintained / Watcher no longer updated