My unRAID installation has been stable for many years, running on a C2SEA motherboard with the latest 6.2.4 release.
During the past three weeks I have two kernel panics related to USB. The first one occured once when I came back from vacation and power up the server. It did boot up correctly and the kernel panic occured about 10 minutes after the reboot. The last one occured this morning at 7:10am without anything special triggering it.
Looking at the error message it seems to be related to USB. The only USB peripherals that are actually connected are : 1) the USB flash drive running unRAID 2) UPS using the NUT extension.
Has someone seen that kind of kernel panic?
Well Kernel panic kicked in again an this time not related to USB.
It then became hard to just boot the server or with some weird video artifacts.
I went through a memtest campaign and found mixed results:
- All 4 memory modules: memtest freezes after 5 minutes
- Memory modules 1+3 installed: memtest runs fine
- Memory modules 2+4 installed: memtest runs fine
- Memory modules 1+2+4 installed: memtest freezes after 5 minutes
- Memory modules 1+3+4 installed: memtest freezes after 5 minutes
Memory modules are 99U5471-002.A01LF (KVR1333D3N9K2/4G).
I'm going to run longer memtest tests and also swap memory modules around but at this point the motherboard seems to be dammaged. What's your pick?