unMENU 1.5 ... now available for download.

Just updated my unmenu just one small niggle

Downloading 990-unmenu-wget.awk

rev $Revision: 229 $ $Date: 2011-05-18 07:51:50 -0400 (Wed, 18 May 2011) $

07e41f797b80c85ec34b7ef7c3011f6a != 7b9db67ba714212dcea099bdb8b06579 or 5f4ea03cef412e6d4b33061c5e31cc7d,  /tmp/unmenu_tmp/990-unmenu-wget.awk not installed

I tried deleting the old 990-unmenu-wget.awk and then install the update but still the same message

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just updated my unmenu just one small niggle

Downloading 990-unmenu-wget.awk

rev $Revision: 229 $ $Date: 2011-05-18 07:51:50 -0400 (Wed, 18 May 2011) $

07e41f797b80c85ec34b7ef7c3011f6a != 7b9db67ba714212dcea099bdb8b06579 or 5f4ea03cef412e6d4b33061c5e31cc7d,  /tmp/unmenu_tmp/990-unmenu-wget.awk not installed

I tried deleting the old 990-unmenu-wget.awk and then install the update but still the same message

I'm not sure what is going on yet.  I'll investigate later this evening.
  • 3 weeks later...

I was having issues with Transmission so I tried to reinstalled it and deleted items off my flash but not in the pkg_manager in unmenu I can't see an option to reinstall it.

What option do I have to re-install it please (Running unraid 5.07)

Thanks, Thomas.

I was having issues with Transmission so I tried to reinstalled it and deleted items off my flash but not in the pkg_manager in unmenu I can't see an option to reinstall it.

What option do I have to re-install it please (Running unraid 5.07)

Thanks, Thomas.

Download the one attached to the Transmission thread.  There was an issue with the previous unMenu package so it was removed from the distribution.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a place to get a little help on user scripts?  I have one that seems to be killing unmenu, but I'm not sure why.  I use sabnzbd and sickbeard in the go script, but would like to move it to a user script instead.  When I run this it starts both programs, but the request never comes back to the browser and I have to start uu from the terminal session again.

#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start SABnzbd and SickBeard
#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Start the SABnzbd and SickBeard servers.
#UNMENU_RELEASE $Revision: 7 $ $Date: 2010-03-29 23:12:23 -0400 (Mon, 29 Mar 2010) $
# determine if cache drive online, retry upto 7 times
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/cache ]
    then
      sleep 10
    fi
done

# If Cache drive is online, start SABNzbd
if [ -d /mnt/cache ]; then
  echo "Cache Drive Online\n"
  # Start SABnzbd and sickbeard
  echo "Installing SABnzbd Dependencies\n"
  installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz
  echo "Starting SABnzbd\n"
  python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.200:88
  echo "Starting SickBeard\n"
  nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
  echo "Completed\n"
fi

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!!!

Is there a place to get a little help on user scripts?  I have one that seems to be killing unmenu, but I'm not sure why.  I use sabnzbd and sickbeard in the go script, but would like to move it to a user script instead.  When I run this it starts both programs, but the request never comes back to the browser and I have to start uu from the terminal session again.

#define USER_SCRIPT_LABEL Start SABnzbd and SickBeard
#define USER_SCRIPT_DESCR Start the SABnzbd and SickBeard servers.
#UNMENU_RELEASE $Revision: 7 $ $Date: 2010-03-29 23:12:23 -0400 (Mon, 29 Mar 2010) $
# determine if cache drive online, retry upto 7 times
for i in 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
do
    if [ ! -d /mnt/cache ]
    then
      sleep 10
    fi
done

# If Cache drive is online, start SABNzbd
if [ -d /mnt/cache ]; then
  echo "Cache Drive Online\n"
  # Start SABnzbd and sickbeard
  echo "Installing SABnzbd Dependencies\n"
  installpkg /boot/custom/SABnzbdDependencies-2.1-i486-unRAID.tgz
  echo "Starting SABnzbd\n"
  python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.200:88
  nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py
  echo "Completed\n"
fi

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!!!

User scripts wait for all output from the invoked program before returning.

To get the user-script to return you'll need to re-direct the output and error output of any invoked programs, otherwise it will wait for all possible output, and on daemon process, that will take forever.  unMENU has not been killed, it is simply waiting for the remainder of the output.

You probably need something like this to redirect the output and error output:

python /mnt/cache/.custom/sabnzbd/SABnzbd.py -d -s 192.168.1.200:88  >/dev/null 2>&1

nohup python /mnt/cache/.custom/sickbeard/SickBeard.py >/devnull 2>&1

It is likely that one or the other has the standard error output (file descriptor 2) still open to the unMENU user-script, and it is waiting for all output.

..I just did a setup with a Plus license and unRAID 5.0b7 on a new machine,

where I have one disk (future parity) on internal S-ATA and others on

a LSI SAS2008 HBA (mpt2sas).

running the latest unMenu (v1.4 Rev 223) I found the following issues:

• user scripts -> unRAID version: does not show
  • drive temps for drives on HBA do not show
  • unRAID Main -> empty page

..all drives and temps show fine in native unRaid menu.

Also preclear did run fine on these drives attached to the HBA with the "-D" option" in order to show temps

..I just did a setup with a Plus license and unRAID 5.0b7 on a new machine,

where I have one disk (future parity) on internal S-ATA and others on

a LSI SAS2008 HBA (mpt2sas).

running the latest unMenu (v1.4 Rev 223) I found the following issues:

• user scripts -> unRAID version: does not show
  • drive temps for drives on HBA do not show
  • unRAID Main -> empty page

..all drives and temps show fine in native unRaid menu.

Also preclear did run fine on these drives attached to the HBA with the "-D" option" in order to show temps

Thanks for the feedback.

Obviously, the methods used for the unRAID version and displaying unRAID main in an i-frame do not work in the 5.0b7 release.

You are the first to report the issue with the unRAID version, so I thank you for that.

I can fix the -D option issue, and I will when I get  a chance.  It is probably even more important in the package that monitors temperature.

Do the temps work in the myMain plugin page?

Joe L.

Thanks for the feedback.

Obviously, the methods used for the unRAID version and displaying unRAID main in an i-frame do not work in the 5.0b7 release.

You are the first to report the issue with the unRAID version, so I thank you for that.

I can fix the -D option issue, and I will when I get  a chance.  It is probably even more important in the package that monitors temperature.

Thanks for the fast response.

No need to hurry, temps stayed fine during preclearing all drives simultaneously...so I guess I am on a safe side for a while.

Do the temps work in the myMain plugin page?

no...only temps for drives on on-board controllers do.

...see attached pic:

/dev/sdb is the future parity and /dev/sda is a SSD (for future VMs via VBox)

all other drives are on the HBA.

/dev/sdh is a Lexar JD FireFly on USB.

BTW: how can I fix the HPA warning for /dev/sda ?

TsGIF.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm....now that's interesting....as I don't believe I ever installed that as an add-on yet I have that option in my unmenu screen as a main tab option.

You are correct.  I had included the display page in unmenu 1.3, so you could view the output,  but not a package to install it as an add-on.  

It is a very nice package taking advantage of the charting API google provides.  It does need "php" installed, either by installing the "php" package itself, or as part of installing unRAID-Web, which also installs "php"

If you look at the plug-in that shows the option in unmenu, it just has a few lines, most of them test to see if it is installed:

It is file 200-unmenu-smarthistory.cgi

It is just a shell script, with the last line actually invoking the smarthistory.php program.  The rest is just to make sure the folder with the smarthistory exists, the data file exists, and "php" is installed.

#define ADD_ON_MENU=Smart History

#define ADD_ON_URL=smarthistory

#define ADD_ON_VERSION=1.1 - added tests for directory, file, and php

SMART_HISTORY_DIR="/boot/smarthistory"

SMART_HISTORY_PHP="smarthistory.php"

if [ ! -d "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR" ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The $SMART_HISTORY_DIR directory does not exist.</b></font>"

exit

fi

if [ ! -f "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR"/"$SMART_HISTORY_PHP" ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The $SMART_HISTORY_DIR/$SMART_HISTORY_PHP file does not exist.</b></font>"

exit

fi

cd "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR"

which php >/dev/null 2>&1

if [ $? = 1 ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The \"php\" interperter is not installed.</b></font>"

exit

fi

php "$SMART_HISTORY_PHP" -wake ON -output HTML -graph IMAGE -report ALL

I suppose it would be good if I made up a package-manager "package" to install smarthistory. (unless somebody beats me to it  ;))

Joe L.

Is there a package installer for smart history now?

Hmmm....now that's interesting....as I don't believe I ever installed that as an add-on yet I have that option in my unmenu screen as a main tab option.

You are correct.  I had included the display page in unmenu 1.3, so you could view the output,  but not a package to install it as an add-on.  

It is a very nice package taking advantage of the charting API google provides.  It does need "php" installed, either by installing the "php" package itself, or as part of installing unRAID-Web, which also installs "php"

If you look at the plug-in that shows the option in unmenu, it just has a few lines, most of them test to see if it is installed:

It is file 200-unmenu-smarthistory.cgi

It is just a shell script, with the last line actually invoking the smarthistory.php program.  The rest is just to make sure the folder with the smarthistory exists, the data file exists, and "php" is installed.

#define ADD_ON_MENU=Smart History

#define ADD_ON_URL=smarthistory

#define ADD_ON_VERSION=1.1 - added tests for directory, file, and php

SMART_HISTORY_DIR="/boot/smarthistory"

SMART_HISTORY_PHP="smarthistory.php"

if [ ! -d "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR" ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The $SMART_HISTORY_DIR directory does not exist.</b></font>"

exit

fi

if [ ! -f "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR"/"$SMART_HISTORY_PHP" ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The $SMART_HISTORY_DIR/$SMART_HISTORY_PHP file does not exist.</b></font>"

exit

fi

cd "$SMART_HISTORY_DIR"

which php >/dev/null 2>&1

if [ $? = 1 ]

then

echo "<font size=+2 color=red>Sorry: cannot run smarthistory.  <br><b>The \"php\" interperter is not installed.</b></font>"

exit

fi

php "$SMART_HISTORY_PHP" -wake ON -output HTML -graph IMAGE -report ALL

I suppose it would be good if I made up a package-manager "package" to install smarthistory. (unless somebody beats me to it  ;))

Joe L.

Is there a package installer for smart history now?

not that I'm aware of.

Possible bug...

I've been getting this error in my syslog on a regular basis...

Jul 12 02:10:01 Tower crond[1463]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

I hunted around and found...

In file: monthly-parity-unmenu-package.conf ...

on 7th last line: PACKAGE_INSTALLATION    cp /tmp/crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root-

It seems the monthly parity check package is creating an entry in crontabs for a user called "root-" which obviously doesn't exist.

Would this be the source of the syslog error I've been getting?

Possible bug...

I've been getting this error in my syslog on a regular basis...

Jul 12 02:10:01 Tower crond[1463]: ignoring /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root- (non-existent user)

I hunted around and found...

In file: monthly-parity-unmenu-package.conf ...

on 7th last line: PACKAGE_INSTALLATION     cp /tmp/crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root-

It seems the monthly parity check package is creating an entry in crontabs for a user called "root-" which obviously doesn't exist.

Would this be the source of the syslog error I've been getting?

earlier versions of unRAID used that file for its management interface

You can add a line like this to the end of your config/go script as follows if it bothers you.

rm /tmp/crontab /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root-

I just updated to Beta8c and now I can't get unMenu to work.  So I updated to the latest unMenu but here is what I see in the syslog

Jul 11 13:26:02 Tower unmenu-status: Starting unmenu web-server

Jul 11 13:29:56 Tower unmenu[10077]: awk: ./unmenu.awk:1722: fatal: division by zero attempted

Here is line 1722 from my unmenu.awk:

resync_speed      = sprintf("%d", (resync_db+0) / (resync_dt+0));                #bjp999 3/7/11 Change for 5.0b6

so it appears that resync_dt is zero?  Maybe something changed with beta-8c?

commenting out that section that was added for 5.0b6 has it up and running again.  Not sure what I just removed :-\

any help appreciated.

thanks

dave

Ok I just want to put this out there in case it happens to somebody else.

Today  I added a couple of 120mm fans to my unRAID case.  I stopped & shut down the array correctly.  Added the fans (with the plug out of my power supply) .  Now I also had to unplug my USB drive because I wanted to access the front of my case.  After all that I replugged the USB drive & power cable & fired her back up.  Went into the bios & noticed that the USB drive was not the boot device.  As a matter of fact it was not even there.  Had to power cycle two times & then it was all good.  Got the array back online & could access all shares but unMENU was gone.

Long story short, /boot/unmenu directory was on the flash drive but it was totally empty.  Installed the latest version of unMENU per the first post & now valhalla:8080 gives me joy, but how did just THAT directory & no other get affected?

Joe, Would unmenu be updated so it's have same nice GUI like unraid 5 in the future? that's should be so nice  :D

what will probably happen is unRAID 5.0 will evolve with native plugins to have the features of unMENU.  I have no plans to change unMENU itself. Having it include style-sheets is more than I want to deal with as it is not really a web-server, even though it is pretending to be one.  As it is, it is still compatible with early versions of unRAID.

It was meant to be a way to visualize how the user interface could be improved... in one way, the plugin feature of 5.0 itself is a result.

Read through this thread to see the intended purpose of unMENU:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=2110.0

I'm not sure when this started happening, probably when I updated to 5b6, but the last parity check in unmenu is way off. I get " Last parity check 15173  days ago with no sync errors."

I am on 5.0-beta8d and will do a parity check tonight and see if the last parity check reflects in unmenu.

I'm not sure when this started happening, probably when I updated to 5b6, but the last parity check in unmenu is way off. I get " Last parity check 15173  days ago with no sync errors."

I am on 5.0-beta8d and will do a parity check tonight and see if the last parity check reflects in unmenu.

unMENU gets the date from /proc/mdcmd output in the sbSynced parameter.

That contains the time of the last sync in seconds since the unix start time of Jan 1, 1970.  the rest is just math determining the difference between that time and the current datetime.

Then:

secsSinceLastParity = strftime("%s") - strftime("%s", last_parity_sync);
     daysSinceLastParity = secsSinceLastParity/(60*60*24) + 0.5;

if(secsSinceLastParity < (60*60*24))
        ParityCheckMsg = "< 1 day ago";
     else if(daysSinceLastParity < 2)
        ParityCheckMsg = "1 day ago";
     else if(daysSinceLastParity <= 30)
        ParityCheckMsg = sprintf("%d", daysSinceLastParity) " days ago"
     else if(secsSinceLastParity < (60*60*24*61))
        ParityCheckMsg = "<b>" sprintf("%d", daysSinceLastParity) "</b> days ago"
     else if(secsSinceLastParity < (60*60*24*90))
        ParityCheckMsg = "<font style=\"background-color:yellow\"><b> " sprintf("%d", daysSinceLastParity) " </b></font> days ago"
     else
        ParityCheckMsg = "<font style=\"background-color:red;color:white\"><b> " sprintf("%d", daysSinceLastParity) " </b></font> days ago"

It appears on the surface that /proc/mdcmd value sbSynced was read as zero on your server.

Thank for the reply Joe. You are correct sbSynced=0 when I ran cat /proc/mdcmd. Why is that happening?

I have no idea. The output of /proc/mdcmd is part of the "md" driver. 

unMENU is simply reporting what it finds. 

Have you performed a parity sync since you last rebooted?

What does it say in the unRAID interface?

I'm experiencing a strange behavior with unMENU where clicking on a menu line results in a 'The webpage cannot be found' response.

This doesn't affect the menu, only the frame.  So...  If I keep clicking on the menu eventually it begins to work.  However, for some unknown reason the issue will return and then much menu clicking is required again.

I'm not sure when this started to happen.  I've just been putting up with it for a very long time.  But, I think it began with the v5 betas of unRaid.

Am I the only person experiencing this behavior?  Has anyone discovered a cause/solution yet?