No Unmount /dev/sdl1 in Unmenu

My apologies if this has been answered in a thread... I have been searching them for the last two hours and not come up with the answer.

I read the posts about latest versions of the unmenu plug-ins and I have them installed.

A couple days ago, I would hot-plug a reiserfs SATA drive into my unRAID system, use Unmenu to mount it, then to share it, and start copying files freely.  Now I see the Mount button in Unmenu's Disk Management plugin, but no unmount, and no share options ever appear.

Any hints?

thanks,

Byron

My apologies if this has been answered in a thread... I have been searching them for the last two hours and not come up with the answer.

I read the posts about latest versions of the unmenu plug-ins and I have them installed.

A couple days ago, I would hot-plug a reiserfs SATA drive into my unRAID system, use Unmenu to mount it, then to share it, and start copying files freely.  Now I see the Mount button in Unmenu's Disk Management plugin, but no unmount, and no share options ever appear.

Any hints?

thanks,

Byron

You will not see the un-mount button unless the disk is mounted and not currently shared, you will not see the un-share button unless it is currently being shared.  You will not see the "mount" button if already mounted, or if no recognized file-system is present on a partition.

To see if it is mounted, type:

mount

To see if it is currently being shared type:

smbclient -N -L localhost

I'll bet you rebooted since you pressed the mount and share buttons, or you've un-shared, and un-mounted.  

You will only ever see appropriate buttons.

• If no file system exists on a disk you will see a "Create reiserfs" button.  You will not see this button if a file-system already exists on a disk.
  • If currently un-mounted, and a file-system unRAID knows about exists on the disk, you will see a "Mount" button.
  • If currently mounted, but not shared, you will see an "Un-mount" button and a "Share" button.
  • If currently mounted and shared, you will see an "Un-Share" button.

Joe L.

You will not see the un-mount button unless the disk is mounted and not currently shared, you will not see the un-share button unless it is currently being shared.  You will not see the "mount" button if already mounted, or if no recognized file-system is present on a partition.

Thanks Joe.  This is exactly what I expected to see.  It works that way on my Tower system, so I thought I would copy the entire unmenu folder over to my Bear system as an easy way of getting it to function identically.

But on Bear, I see the Mount button, click it, the drive mounts properly.  I can now go into a telnet session or login directly and see that the drive is mounted as it should be.  Problem is, I still see the "mount" button in disk_management, not the unmount button or share buttons as expected.

Maybe I messed something up by copying the entire unmenu folder from one system to another.  Both are running 4.5.3 Pro, and both now have identical plug-ins/unmenu versions.  Is there another file elsewhere on the Flash drive I should have copied over also?

Thanks Joe.  This is exactly what I expected to see.  It works that way on my Tower system, so I thought I would copy the entire unmenu folder over to my Bear system as an easy way of getting it to function identically.

But on Bear, I see the Mount button, click it, the drive mounts properly.  I can now go into a telnet session or login directly and see that the drive is mounted as it should be.  Problem is, I still see the "mount" button in disk_management, not the unmount button or share buttons as expected.

Maybe I messed something up by copying the entire unmenu folder from one system to another.  Both are running 4.5.3 Pro, and both now have identical plug-ins/unmenu versions.  Is there another file elsewhere on the Flash drive I should have copied over also?

If you press the "mount" button and the disk does not mount, it will not change.  After you press the "mount" button, did you try running the

mount

command and see if it actually mounted?  If there is file-system corruption it will not mount.

Yes, as stated above, it mounts, but the button on the web browser does not change to unmount, nor does it offer to share.  It affects one of my two systems. I shall dig into it further when I have a few moments to see what may be the cause.