Another backp option for Unraid

svargas

Jungle Disk has release a new server product that could be integrated and provide another option for backup an Unraid server. We have been testing for a while as part of there beta program. The server app can run headless with management clients for linux, windows and mac. I have it running on Unraid semi persistent, the setup is very simple.

1. You need to create account at http://www.jungledisk.com/business/

2. Once account is created a license key is generated

3. Download the client app for the server ( I will include the files)

4. Enter your license key form step 2 into the file named “mysecurebackupserver-license.xml”

5. Create a directory called mysecurebackupserver under /etc on your Unraid box

6. Copy mysecurebackup-license.xml to directory made in step 5

7. I put the executable file called “mysecurebackupserver” in my custom folder on the usb key

8. Log on to your Unraid box start the backup server process example: /boot/custom/mysecurebackupserver

9. Download the management client on to a PC

10. Log on to the management client you should see your Unraid box in the search box to manage select it and you will be able to setup which folders to backup and schedule the backup time. This step is important because it creates a file called “mysecurebackupserver-settings.xml  in the folder mysecurebackup created back in step 5

11. Now tar up the folder mysecurebackupserver example: tar –cvpzf backup.tgz /etc/mysecurebackupserver to your custom folder on the usb key

12. Edit your go file example: installpkg /boot/custom/backup.tgz will re-install everything

13. Then start the backup server process.

Notes:  I happen to find this product do to customer need for a windows based solution. There is a monthly cost of five dollars and a cost of data backup base on two choices, Amazon (the most costly) or Rackspace.

If you change your backup directories or schedule you would need to recreate the backup.tgz.

I think a better way do this mite be a cron job that would copy mysecurebackupserver-settings.xml to the custom folder. Then on a reboot copy back to /etc/mysecurebackupserver.

I did wrong screw my cron file up, maybe someone can come up with a solution.

I do have an issue, I edit my go file re-install the app and it works fine, but I added a line to start the backup process but does not start. If I login to console and type what’s in my go file is starts fine. I have in line in go file that starts unmenu after 1 minute on reboot that works great

Any suggestions

PS I zip the files need but is to big to upload sorry

SV