TwonkyMedia Server, key-file and setup

I have been testing the TwonkyMedia server with unRAid and it functions flawlessly, however, since the unRAid is run via RAM, nothing is saved after powerdown, accordingly I loose my settings and strat over scanning the directories for media everytime after reboot.

1) exactly which files (and on which directories) do I need to backup to FLASH disk before powering down the unRAID, so I do not loose my registration-key and the settings?

2) and after reboot, to which directory (on RAM) do I need to re-copy these files mentioned in #1.

thanks.

aht961, the same here; I´m using TwonkyMedia Server 5.1.3-dev

Nothing is being saved after reboot (however I like Twonky Server much more than Mediatomb - easier to install and all media information is shown on each client which wasn´t the case with Mediatomb).

Two files are important for the setup:

• twonkymedia-server-default.ini --> this is the default for the first start of the server
  • twonkymedia- server.ini --> this is the file which is being created after the first start of the server

If you change the setup according to your requirements the second file is being adjusted - but in the directory /var/twonkymedia (..and this file is of course lost after a reboot...)

This is not a surprise at all. So I copied twonkymedia- server.ini back into the /boot/twonkymedia/ directory and was hoping that the server picks up the correct settings from here.

This assumption was wrong and I would like to understand what the issue is. I guess that this has more to do with my lack of Linux skills than with TwonkyMedia Server.

aht961, I solved the issue with a slight change of my go script. Here we go:

/boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia -inifile /boot/twonkymedia/twonkymedia-server.ini

The beauty of invoking Twonkymedia server with the above parameter is that all future updates of your settings are being directly reflected in the twonkymedia-server.ini file on the USB device, hence not being lost after reboot.

Cheers

Oliver

P.S. I would be interested in having some more information about all available start parameters of TwonkyMedia Server. Any idea where I can find this?

Archived