unRAID-compatible Motherboards - - a quick survey

I searched through the "Motherboard" and "Hardware" sections of the forums and, based on comments from users, have constructed a list of unRAID-compatible motherboards:

Asrock 939SLI32-eSATA2

Asus A8N-VM CSM

Asus P4C800-E

Asus P4P800-E Deluxe

Asus P4P800-SE

Asus P4R800-VM

Asus P5B-E

Asus P5GDC-V Deluxe

Asus P5LD2 R2.0

Asus P5LD2-VM R2.0

Asus P5PE-VM

Epox 8NPA SLI

Gigabyte GA-81848P775-G

Gigabyte GA-945GZM-S2

Intel D845GVAD2(L)

Intel D865GLC

Intel D915GAGLK

Intel D945GCCRL (added 5/23/07)

MSI K8N Neo4

Notes:

1.  MB's in bold text are available (as of 5/21/07) from Newegg.

2.  MB's in italized text were out of stock (as of 5/21/07) from Newegg.

3.  If a user reported success with a particular mb and then wrote back reporting a significant problem (inability to boot off the USB port, lack of SATA controller support, poor parity calculation), I took it off.

Please feel free to add/subtract to the list.  I thought this would be a helpful guide for newbies.

no problems, 1gb ram, dual channel ddr2, celeron 3.4ghz processor(combo with mb), 3 drives (750 parity, 750 and 500 data), promise card, intel pro 1000 nic. Parity builds are fast (on par with other good systems, 51mbps I believe) I'm using Vantec easyswap drive trays for the data drives, the parity drive is mounted internally. 650watt PS, Coolmaster Centurion case (5 external bays, 4 internal)  Using one PCI slot for NIC means of course only 1 promise card, but MB has 4 sata ports onboard. (MB/CPU combo, $114.99 on Tigerdirect currently)

It was already on the list.

If you're talking about my list RockDawg, you're incorrect.  My original list was posted on 5/21.  I went back and added cmhardwick's mb (the Intel 9945GCCRL) after the fact...which I tried to designate by placing the "(added 5/23/07)" text after it.  In addition, the unRAID blog software updated the edit record with a "« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 08:18:37 PM by BillK »" at the end.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to the new wiki....then yes, you're right.  My only excuse is that I was trying to build an updated list just as parsec, Tom & issacq were standing it up the wiki and transferring the contents.  Since it would be confusing (& counterproductive) to maintain two lists...I yield to great & powerful wiki.  ;)  Just in case you are interested, you can find it here...

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware_Compatibility

• 3 weeks later...

Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 bios 1008 modified to include the latest Sil3112 bios (4.2.83).

I run it headless using the stop on no error bios option and I downclocked my Athlon 2500 to 650 MHz with no real performance impact, it uses less power, and the heatsink is cold!

It has been running flawlessly for a week, parity calculation is OK, I have only 3 drives but I might soon try with more.

The USB flash drive is a PQI Intelligent Stick 1.1 128 MB, It's USB 1.1, and plugged on a generic USB 1.1 hub to fit it inside, a bit slow but reliable.