Found some cheap 5 in 3 hotswap caddies

Kode

Anyone got any experience with these? http://www.xcase.co.uk/hotswap-stoarge-kit-p/hddkit-xx-500.htm

Only issue seems to be like most on these 5 in 3 caddies with an 80mm fan, drives 1 and 5 don't look like they will get much benefit.

On the other hand the youtube video attached to the page states its easy to remove the back plate and switch out the fan, so might be possible to build a bracket to mount a 120mm fan (would have to leave a gap to route the cables though).

Have emailed them and asked if they have any pictures of it with the back plate removed.

That's a great price. It's about time we got some reasonably priced 5-in-3s here on this side of the pond!

Four of these plus a conventional tower case like the Antec 1200 is not from the price of a Norco 4220, making this a good option for some of us.

Yeah, i might go with 3 of these in my Thermaltake Tai Chi, it only has 11 bays though, so will probably get a 3 in 2 and put the parity, cache and a spare in that.  Only downside now is a 3 in 2 is probably going to cost me more than one of those 5 in 3's

*edit* Which brings me to the question, does anyone know if there is such a thing as a 3 in 2 that has trays that are compatible with an SS-500?

I have the older style Norco SS-500. The ones in the OP's link are copies/rebadges of the newer style. I ended up replacing the original fans that came with the units with some Noctua NF-9's. The stock fans are VERY loud even when undervolted. They spun at close to 3000rpm at full volts.

Even with the Noctua's though all drives are cooled adequately.

Archived