The RocketRaid 454 Works with UnRaid

I've seen this question a couple of times and thought I'd report that the Highpoint RockerRaid 454 card does work with UnRaid. I made sure the drives attached were not a part of any RAID configuration during boot. I then booted into UnRaid and the 4 drives I had attached were available. I set one as the parity drive and 2 as data drives. Everything proceeded normally from there. I didn't go ahead and use the board in that system, since I didn't need it, but I thought some people would like to know. The system the 454 was in was my media system for the last few years, and the Abit IC7-MAX3 mobo is now the heart of my secondary UnRaid server.

Ironically, I have two of the 454's and I'm using neither. I didn't check to see if they both would work in the server at the same time, but if they did, there's your 16 drive UnRaid system. Of course, the PCI bus would be saturated during writes (something I've learned just recently), which would tend to slow the system.