Red dot in User Shares - what does it mean?

v0lrath

It means you had a failure to write to that drive and the system is in a degraded state. That is the only way a drive will show up as red. It means you need to perform steps to fix the system/drive. As it is now, it is in read-only mode and is possibly being simulated from all the other drives. If you have another drive failure, you are in risk of losing data.

It means you had a failure to write to that drive and the system is in a degraded state. That is the only way a drive will show up as red. It means you need to perform steps to fix the system/drive. As it is now, it is in read-only mode and is possibly being simulated from all the other drives. If you have another drive failure, you are in risk of losing data.

But he said it was on a "user-share", not on a "disk"

I guess we need clarification.    Since he said it is a share named "Public" it is probably not an invalid disk. 

Since this is the new interface lime-tech is working on, we'll need Tom to fill us in on the meaning of the color dot.

Just to make sure they are "Red" not "Orange" correct?

Orange seems to mean you have files on your cache waiting be transferred to those shares (basically meaning it's unprotected).

I had mine red earlier and that was due to a file write error using the mover script. I looked at my syslog and found 2 errors:

Nov 19 21:49:32 DarkStar shfs: duplicate object: /mnt/disk4/Movies/HD Movies/MKV/Goldfinger.mkv

It looks like the files were partially transferred to the correct drives from the cache. After deleting them from the drives (disk4 in this case) and running the mover script again everything went green.

No clue why, but invoking the mover returns errors for a couple of files. There is only one directory (hence, user share) on my cache disk:_Usenet. The content is not supposed to be moved, that part works just fine. Not sure what the mover script is doing, but in the System Log I get a red line with this:

Nov 20 08:34:58 Server logger: ./_Usenet/SABnzbd/logs/sabnzbd.error.log

and similar red lines for two other files.

Everything is working just fine, so I guess not a big deal?

• 6 months later...

I thought it was a red dot... but after I read this thread I realized it was an orange dot.

I invoked the mover... now all the dots in "User Shares" are green :)

>> Recommendation for final 5.0 release: Change the orange dots to yellow <<

I thought it was a red dot... but after I read this thread I realized it was an orange dot.

I invoked the mover... now all the dots in "User Shares" are green :)

>> Recommendation for final 5.0 release: Change the orange dots to yellow <<

I concur this, yellow would be a bit more obvious...

Archived