Welcome to the User Contributed Content section of the wiki.
These documents are all submitted by ordinary users, unRAID community members. Some are more expert than others, but each can contribute, for the benefit of all.
Here you can find:
- Answers to common questions provided by knowledgeable unRAID users.
- Saves hours of forum reading by finding many answers all in one place.
All users are encouraged to document any information they believe relevant here. Even the most trivial detail will likely help someone else. Here's a great quote from the Wiki Help :
The number one rule of wiki editing, is to be bold. Dive in and make changes. Other people can correct mistakes later, so have confidence, and give it a try! There can be all kinds of editing conventions, rules, and philosophy governing the editing of wiki pages, but the "be bold" rule overrides these!
So why not Start Contributing?
The following links will help you navigate to the appropriate information:
- Getting Started
- Compare License Features - Which version is right for you?
- Official unRAID Software Downloads - Get unRAID here
- Hardware Compatibility - Are your motherboard, networking, and disk controllers compatible?
- USB Flash Drive Preparation - Quick guide to making your unRAID bootable USB flash drive.
- Official Manual - Read this at least once. It won't take long and your unRAID experience will greatly benefit from it.
- Un-Official UnRAID Manual - This is a work in progress - completely un-official, but edited and enhanced by unRAID users. As a result, it is more usually more accurate and up-to-date than the official manual.
- Release Notes - A change history, of features added and bugs fixed.
- Configuration Tutorial - A step-by-step tutorial for new users of unRAID once you have a working bootable USB drive. (this is new, so feel free to suggest improvements where it might be made more clear)
- unRAID Me Guide - unofficial, complete walk-through of a sample build (note: this vendor may be out of business, link does not work)
- Learn More
- Having Problems?
- Troubleshooting - Problems with your unRAID system? Start here
- Need Help?
- Support - What support can you expect, where can you get it, clarifications on Community vs. Commercial?
- unRAID Support Forums - The unRAID forums are a great source of help, for searching, for asking, and for helping others
- IRC Channel - This channel is currently closed due to lack of interest. Do not attempt to use this channel for help.
- Want to do more with your unRAID box?
- How-To's - Assorted How-To's written by expert users to help other users
- unRAID Add Ons - Great user-driven projects to make unRAID life easier, or add functionality
- unRAID Add On Scripts - Great user-written scripts to make unRAID life easier, or add functionality
- Methods of user customization - Advanced topics such as custom kernels, adding packages, VMware, etc
- Want to contribute to this wiki (anyone can)?
- Benchmarks, Gallery and Reviews
The content of this wiki is, as a whole or partly, created and edited by the users, and Lime-Technology is not responsible nor liable for the content.