Setting Up new Unraid server need opinions

skyline7349

Hey All!

So i just discovered this AMAZING software. I never knew there was something like this out there. Previously i was running a Hyper V server. Then under that i was running Windows Home server with Drive Bender on it to pool all my drives because they were all difference sizes. Then i had some linux/windows vms under it.

One of my linux vms was mainly for media. It hosted plex media server and utorrent. I had utorrent set up rss downloading and then i had scripts that would watch for downloads and extract them. Then if they were movies or tvshows it would move them to my Media folder and use filebot to rename them accordingly.

Ever since looking at Unraid it seems people have been doing what im doing for a while except with beautiful UI's. Right now i setup Sonarr and CouchPotato. Those are great when i want to add a tvshow or movie.

My first question is what torrent program do you recommend? I have deluge,rutorrent, and transmission installed but cant decide which. Now before you answer let me tell you how i had it before. I had a script that would monitor a Torrent folder. Now in this folder there were subdirectories like /Torrent/Movies /Torrent/TVShows /Torrent/WindowsPrograms. With this structure my script would tell utorrent to downoad the file to /Downloads/Movies or /Downloads/TVShows and so on. Is it possible to achieve this with these new programs? i noticed Transmission allows you to watch 1 directory so it would only save them to /Downloads. Then rutorrent you can setup schedules and Deluge has AutoAdd.

Basically im wondering if anyone has done the same thing and what they recommend me using?