Anyone have a linux team viewer Vm

I was wondering if anyone was using Teamviewer to remote access their Xen unraid and what distro or setup you used to get it installed. I tried a couple and could not get it running. I am currently using a macbook to access my server remotely, using teamviewer, but would rather not have the macbook running all the time.

Or if someone else has a better option, please advise.

Thanks,

Rick

When I had an xp vm running in virtualbox over unraid 4, teamviewer worked really well.

But in unraid 6 I can't get teamviewer to run in either Ubuntu 12.04 or win 8

In ubuntu it is never able to log in or create a unique id

In win 8 the id number seems to change between reboots. It kinda works but i have to add it to my group every time the id changes. If i forget to do that I cannot access it

• 2 weeks later...

I have Teamviewer running in a Win7 VM, but I was getting the same "have to re add it every reboot problem".

My problem went away when I changed the Win7 VM NIC from auto negotiate to 100Mb Full Duplex.

Now Teamviewer just works.

Possibly entirely unrelated, but it worked for me.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Sorry for the necro, but thought this information could be useful to some. A while back after upgrading to Win10 I started noticing that after regular updates the TeamViewer ID was changing. This causes that problem where it appears offline in your list of contacts and it has to be re-added. There's a registry edit that solved it for me. Note that this is for the 64-bit version of Windows. There's a similar edit for 32-bit, but I am not sure where it would be. If I had to guess, ignore the "WOW6432Node" key and go straight on to the TeamViewer key.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\TeamViewer]

"MIDForceUpdate"=dword:00000001