Speedtest.net for unRAID 6.1+

dmacias

Thanks for this great plugin dmacias!

I'm now wondering how I can publish the results to my apache web server.......Any ideas? I don't really have a clue myself.

What exactly were you looking for? The table or charts?

The table is good enough.  Or even just the images from speed test would work but I would prefer the table.

Sent using Tapatalk

Give this a try https://github.com/dmacias72/speedtest/archive/master.zip I included a symlink to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml. I might include testing in the future as a standalone frontend.

speedtest.jpg.9c802055fc0111656f8c786e4009481c.jpg

speedtest2.jpg.3f5053f62839cf9fe48d00a7c4939b51.jpg

Great plugin dmacias!

I have been using it pretty much since launch, there in lies the problem!!:

I recently moved house and moved ISP and I was eager to compare speeds and ensure no problems with my line: When I fired up the speedtest UI I realised that I have a total of 7579 results!! This stalls my browser (Firefox and Chrome) which prompts me to kill the script, if I allow the script to continue the webUI does load but it is impossible to navigate.

I realise that I could just delete the speedtest.xml from /boot/config/plugins/speedtest but that would mean I would lose all of my past data.

Would it be possible to set an option in the plugin to only keep X amount of weeks/months/years of results and then start deleting older ones, or even just keep X amount of results themselves?

As an intermediate solution; I went through the xml and realised that the earlier the result in the file the earlier it was in time although none of the xml entries have a date stamp on them so I just deleted the first half of the xml entries.

As always, thanks a million for your work in unRAID.

The Capt.

Give this a try https://github.com/dmacias72/speedtest/archive/master.zip I included a symlink to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml. I might include testing in the future as a standalone frontend.

Nice! Just dropped that into apache and it works.....when I copy over my speedtest.xml. Now I need to figure out how to get the symlink to work. I created one:

ln -s /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/apache/www/speedtest.xml

But that didn't work, then realized you have put /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml in the xml. How do I need to have the symlink setup? I'm using the Apache docker.

Nice! Just dropped that into apache and it works.....when I copy over my speedtest.xml. Now I need to figure out how to get the symlink to work. I created one:

ln -s /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml /mnt/user/system/docker/appdata/apache/www/speedtest.xml

But that didn't work, then realized you have put /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml in the xml. How do I need to have the symlink setup? I'm using the Apache docker.

Sorry I didn't think of that. I was using my apache plugin. So I setup an Apache docker and I added a Host path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and Container path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and kept the symlink in www pointing to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml.  Maybe there's a better way but that worked.

Great plugin dmacias!

I have been using it pretty much since launch, there in lies the problem!!:

I recently moved house and moved ISP and I was eager to compare speeds and ensure no problems with my line: When I fired up the speedtest UI I realised that I have a total of 7579 results!! This stalls my browser (Firefox and Chrome) which prompts me to kill the script, if I allow the script to continue the webUI does load but it is impossible to navigate.

I realise that I could just delete the speedtest.xml from /boot/config/plugins/speedtest but that would mean I would lose all of my past data.

Would it be possible to set an option in the plugin to only keep X amount of weeks/months/years of results and then start deleting older ones, or even just keep X amount of results themselves?

As an intermediate solution; I went through the xml and realised that the earlier the result in the file the earlier it was in time although none of the xml entries have a date stamp on them so I just deleted the first half of the xml entries.

As always, thanks a million for your work in unRAID.

The Capt.

I only have a little over 300. What are you running it 20 times a day?!

I've been thinking of adding something like that. Probably the easiest would be to limit the amount of results. Maybe a log rotate based on time. Add it to the settings page and execute when a test is run.

Also the test's name in the xml file is a Unix time stamp. That way they all have a unique name and that's where I get the date and time for the table. Like you figured out each test gets added to the end.

Sorry I didn't think of that. I was using my apache plugin. So I setup an Apache docker and I added a Host path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and Container path: /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/ and kept the symlink in www pointing to /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest.xml.  Maybe there's a better way but that worked.

That does definitely works!  :D I was thinking something like that would work but wasn't exactly sure how the symlink was setup.

I thought of feature request for the plugin itself if you have some free time. Notifications of slow speeds. So basically be able to set a threshold and if the speed test drops below that send a pushbullet/email. I think you can tie into the unraid notification options...

Thanks for this plugin and providing me with the webpage!

I only have a little over 300. What are you running it 20 times a day?!

Apparently, I have been running it hourly for the last 315+ days!! You cannot blame me, it is a great plugin !!

I thought of feature request for the plugin itself if you have some free time. Notifications of slow speeds. So basically be able to set a threshold and if the speed test drops below that send a pushbullet/email. I think you can tie into the unraid notification options...

+1

This would be a great feature!

That does definitely works!  :D I was thinking something like that would work but wasn't exactly sure how the symlink was setup.

Thanks for this plugin and providing me with the webpage!

You're welcome, it's no problem. I thought of another option to get the xml into the apache docker. You could just set up a cron job to copy the xml to your appdata.

I'm familiar with the notification system. I set up warnings for my ipmi plugin that make use of it. So adding a check for low speed shouldn't be a problem. I am also thinking of adding back check boxes/smart switches fit deleting visible tests. So you could delete a whole page or what ever you filtered. And if possible adding day, month, year to the paging.

I'm seeing an issue since the latest update, Jan 7th.  Here's the speedtest page.  I haven't moved house, ISP, Router or anything, I think.

I updated the plugin on the 9th so the first run was on the 10th where the data seems missing (and my speeds appear to drop)

EDIT:  Well I found the setting and reverted back to script v.1.0.1 and it's back to the way I had it before.  Considered this closed (unless you feel 1.0.2-c should be working then I'm happy to help debug and try stuff)

spupdate.png.64a030381bc894bf692ca34f25b19029.png

I'm seeing an issue since the latest update, Jan 7th.  Here's the speedtest page.  I haven't moved house, ISP, Router or anything, I think.

I updated the plugin on the 9th so the first run was on the 10th where the data seems missing (and my speeds appear to drop)

EDIT:  Well I found the setting and reverted back to script v.1.0.1 and it's back to the way I had it before.  Considered this closed (unless you feel 1.0.2-c should be working then I'm happy to help debug and try stuff)

The 1.0.2c is a completely different script by a different author with more active development. I should try and make that more apparent on the settings page and/or move it to the bottom of the list. The distance and image are not produce by this script. I was hoping results might be better for some but I see your results are all over the place with it. The 1.0.1 is what I use.

• 2 weeks later...

Note sure if an issue, ran update for the latest, log below.  Reports python-2.7.13... - unRAID version too low, requires at least 6.3, yet it goes ahead and installs it.  Problem or fine?

plugin: updating: speedtest.plg
plugin: skipping: python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too low, requires at least version 6.3
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz ... done

+==============================================================================
| Upgrading python-2.7.12-x86_64-1 package using /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz

Pre-installing package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1...

Removing package /var/log/packages/python-2.7.12-x86_64-1-upgraded-2017-01-31,22:38:49...
--> Deleting symlink /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Tools
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi0.sh
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi1.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi2.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi3.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/wiki.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Complex.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Dates.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Dbm.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Range.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Rev.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Vec.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/bitvec.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/patterns
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/regextest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/sortingtest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/systemtest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/curses/README
<...SNIP...>
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/LICENSE
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/newmetaclasses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/metaclasses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/md5test/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/embed/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/curses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/

Verifying package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# python (object-oriented interpreted programming language)
#
# Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
# language that combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.
# Python's basic power can be extended with your own modules written in
# C or C++. Python is also adaptable as an extension language for
# existing applications.
#
Executing install script for python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.
Package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz installed.

Package python-2.7.12-x86_64-1 upgraded with new package /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.

plugin: skipping: python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too high, requires at most version 6.1.99

| Skipping package pyOpenSSL-0.15.1-x86_64-1_slack (already installed)

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/archive/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz ... done
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/archive/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.md5 ... done

| Upgrading speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1 package using /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz

Pre-installing package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1...

Removing package /var/log/packages/speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1-upgraded-2017-01-31,22:39:00...

Verifying package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# Speedtest (Command Line Tool)
#
# This is a plugin for unRAID 6.1+. It is an interface for testing
# internet bandwidth using speedtest.net and speedtest-cli.
#
# sivel/speedtest-cli
# https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli
#
# dmacias72/unRAID
# https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins
#
Executing install script for speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.
Package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz installed.

Package speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1 upgraded with new package /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.

-----------------------------------------------------------
speedtest has been installed.
This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Copyright 2017, dmacias72
Version: 2017.01.30

plugin: updated

Note sure if an issue, ran update for the latest, log below.  Reports python-2.7.13... - unRAID version too low, requires at least 6.3, yet it goes ahead and installs it.  Problem or fine?

plugin: updating: speedtest.plg
plugin: skipping: python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too low, requires at least version 6.3
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/packages/6.2/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz ... done

| Upgrading python-2.7.12-x86_64-1 package using /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz

Pre-installing package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1...

Removing package /var/log/packages/python-2.7.12-x86_64-1-upgraded-2017-01-31,22:38:49...
--> Deleting symlink /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Tools
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi0.sh
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi1.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi2.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/cgi3.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/wiki.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Complex.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Dates.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Dbm.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Range.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Rev.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/Vec.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/bitvec.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/README
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/patterns
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/regextest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/sortingtest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/systemtest.py
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/curses/README
<...SNIP...>
--> Deleting /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/LICENSE
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/newmetaclasses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/metaclasses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/md5test/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/embed/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/curses/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/comparisons/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/classes/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/cgi/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/Demo/
--> Deleting empty directory /usr/doc/python-2.7.12/

Verifying package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# python (object-oriented interpreted programming language)
#
# Python is an interpreted, interactive, object-oriented programming
# language that combines remarkable power with very clear syntax.
# Python's basic power can be extended with your own modules written in
# C or C++. Python is also adaptable as an extension language for
# existing applications.
#
Executing install script for python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.
Package python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz installed.

Package python-2.7.12-x86_64-1 upgraded with new package /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/python-2.7.13-x86_64-1.txz.

plugin: skipping: python-2.7.9-x86_64-1.txz - unRAID version too high, requires at most version 6.1.99

| Skipping package pyOpenSSL-0.15.1-x86_64-1_slack (already installed)

plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/archive/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz ... done
plugin: downloading: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins/master/archive/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.md5 ... done

| Upgrading speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1 package using /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz

Pre-installing package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1...

Removing package /var/log/packages/speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1-upgraded-2017-01-31,22:39:00...

Verifying package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.
Installing package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz:
PACKAGE DESCRIPTION:
# Speedtest (Command Line Tool)
#
# This is a plugin for unRAID 6.1+. It is an interface for testing
# internet bandwidth using speedtest.net and speedtest-cli.
#
# sivel/speedtest-cli
# https://github.com/sivel/speedtest-cli
#
# dmacias72/unRAID
# https://github.com/dmacias72/unRAID-plugins
#
Executing install script for speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.
Package speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz installed.

Package speedtest-2017.01.27-x86_64-1 upgraded with new package /boot/config/plugins/speedtest/speedtest-2017.01.30-x86_64-1.txz.

speedtest has been installed.
This plugin requires Dynamix webGui to operate
Copyright 2017, dmacias72
Version: 2017.01.30

plugin: updated

No it's not a problem. They both use the same python. I will remove one and the max from the plg file.

something's up with mine too in the last couple days.  when i run a test it says it's testing from an IP in finland, not my WAN IP in canada and i have to set the server manually due to the distance from Finland.  Even with the server set, i'm seeing crap speeds vs speedtest.net to the same server.  should be getting 250/20

Internet bandwidth test started

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...

Retrieving speedtest.net server list...

Testing from Capgemini Finland Oy (145.247.13.142)...

Hosted by Source Cable Ltd (Hamilton, ON) [6642.50 km]: 14.903 ms

Testing download speed...

Download: 47.67 Mbits/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 16.34 Mbits/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6024954676.png

*edit* seems to be an issue with the squidguard webproxy i added to my router.  Disabling it completely seemed to fix the issue.

something's up with mine too in the last couple days.  when i run a test it says it's testing from an IP in finland, not my WAN IP in canada and i have to set the server manually due to the distance from Finland.  Even with the server set, i'm seeing crap speeds vs speedtest.net to the same server.  should be getting 250/20

Testing from Capgemini Finland Oy (145.247.13.142)...

Hosted by Source Cable Ltd (Hamilton, ON) [6642.50 km]: 14.903 ms

Download: 47.67 Mbits/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 16.34 Mbits/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6024954676.png

*edit* seems to be an issue with the squidguard webproxy i added to my router.  Disabling it completely seemed to fix the issue.

Maybe you could manually pick a speedtest server and whitelist it in squidguard. Or set your unRAID server to bypass or maybe some specific rule.

i did try 1.0.1, but my results are worse!! at least with 1.0.2c when i wasn't getting the spike's I was seeing what i expected

1.0.1 results:

5959608434.png

5959604060.png

5959606008.png

It sucks the 1.0.2c has those upload spikes though. It really skews the graph with a 1500Mbps upload. Looking at your original history graph the Oct drop in data speeds happen right after the release of 6.3 rc2. Do you know if you were on 6.3 then? The only other thing I can think of is the original scripts are reliant on python. So do you have and other plugin that might overwrite the version of python include with this plugin. The 1.0.2c doesn't require python.

Just installed the Docker Speedtest (By: tianon/speedtest:latest)and I get the results I would expect based on my 160/160 connection

Testing from TELUS (75.158.3.51)...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.69 km]: 12.174 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 172.25 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 160.25 Mbit/s

Not sure why there is a difference in the Speedtest plugin

i did try 1.0.1, but my results are worse!! at least with 1.0.2c when i wasn't getting the spike's I was seeing what i expected

1.0.1 results:

5959608434.png

5959604060.png

5959606008.png

It sucks the 1.0.2c has those upload spikes though. It really skews the graph with a 1500Mbps upload. Looking at your original history graph the Oct drop in data speeds happen right after the release of 6.3 rc2. Do you know if you were on 6.3 then? The only other thing I can think of is the original scripts are reliant on python. So do you have and other plugin that might overwrite the version of python include with this plugin. The 1.0.2c doesn't require python.

Just installed the Docker Speedtest (By: tianon/speedtest:latest)and I get the results I would expect based on my 160/160 connection

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.69 km]: 12.174 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 172.25 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 160.25 Mbit/s

Not sure why there is a difference in the Speedtest plugin

How do you run it with the docker? Maybe see what python version it's using.

You can try just running speedtest from the unRAID command line. It will run the same version that docker is running.

Ran a couple different tests from command line:

root@Test:~# speedtest-linux
github.com/zpeters/speedtest -- unofficial cli for speedtest.net
Server: 5627 - Calgary, AB (Datahive Inc.)
2017/02/07 09:39:00 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:39:19 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 9.72 ms | Download (Max): 72.98 Mbps | Upload (Max): 67.05 Mbps

2017/02/07 09:42:56 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:43:22 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 10.74 ms | Download (Max): 76.43 Mbps | Upload (Max): 71.46 Mbps

root@Test:~# speedtest-xml

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.87 ms

Download: 5.80 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 5.70 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033282380.png

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.742 ms

Download: 36.58 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

.Upload: 3.35 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033287833.png

Still not quite the results i expect!!

If I specify a server using speedtest-linux I get the results I expect...ran it twice just to be sure:

root@Test:~#  speedtest-linux --server 4207
Server: 4207 - Calgary, AB (Shaw Communications)
2017/02/07 09:49:44 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:49:59 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 12.83 ms | Download (Max): 175.60 Mbps | Upload (Max): 101.24 Mbps

speedtest-linux --server 4207
2017/02/07 09:52:11 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:52:21 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 12.48 ms | Download (Max): 177.11 Mbps | Upload (Max): 100.47 Mbps

But not with speedtest-xml:

root@Test:~# speedtest-xml --server 4207

Hosted by TELUS (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.728 ms

Download: 93.69 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 4.96 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033320252.png

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.321 ms

Download: 59.39 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 5.79 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033322539.png

Ran a couple different tests from command line:

2017/02/07 09:39:00 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:39:19 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 9.72 ms | Download (Max): 72.98 Mbps | Upload (Max): 67.05 Mbps

2017/02/07 09:42:56 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:43:22 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 10.74 ms | Download (Max): 76.43 Mbps | Upload (Max): 71.46 Mbps

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.87 ms

Download: 5.80 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 5.70 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033282380.png

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.742 ms

Download: 36.58 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

.Upload: 3.35 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033287833.png

Still not quite the results i expect!!

If I specify a server using speedtest-linux I get the results I expect...ran it twice just to be sure:

root@Test:~#  speedtest-linux --server 4207
2017/02/07 09:49:44 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:49:59 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 12.83 ms | Download (Max): 175.60 Mbps | Upload (Max): 101.24 Mbps

speedtest-linux --server 4207
2017/02/07 09:52:11 Testing download speed
2017/02/07 09:52:21 Testing upload speed
Ping (Lowest): 12.48 ms | Download (Max): 177.11 Mbps | Upload (Max): 100.47 Mbps

But not with speedtest-xml:

Hosted by TELUS (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.728 ms

Download: 93.69 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 4.96 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033320252.png

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.321 ms

Download: 59.39 Mbit/s

Testing upload speed...

Upload: 5.79 Mbit/s

Share results: http://www.speedtest.net/result/6033322539.png

I wouldn't use speedtest-linux at all. I posted an issue on his github but it hasn't been fixed yet. Using speedtest-xml is dependent on what script is selected on the settings page. So I'm not sure what you have selected. If you run just speedtest it will run sivel version 1.0.2. You can also run python /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-1.0.1.py or select another version the same way.

I would run a few 'speedtest' runs then you could try specifying a server too.

I've been trying them all to get back to the Stable results I was getting in early October!!

Below I tried a number of different versions, as well as selecting a server on a few & a few leaving it up to the script to select.

root@Test:/boot/config/plugins/speedtest# speedtest
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.531 ms
Download: 40.28 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 11.98 Mbit/s
root@Test:/boot/config/plugins/speedtest# speedtest --server 4207
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.33 ms
Download: 9.93 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 5.42 Mbit/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.582 ms
Download: 43.11 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 7.19 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.1.pylugins/speedtest# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scr
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.503 ms
Download: 68.51 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 13.66 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.1.py --server 4207
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 7.611 ms
Download: 68.67 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 10.25 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.0.py --server 4207st# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scr
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.112 ms
Download: 16.78 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 13.62 Mbit/s
root@Test:/boot/config/plugins/speedtest# mc

/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.1.py --server 4207ts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 840.528 ms
Testing download speed....................................................
Download: 45.41 Mbits/s
Testing upload speed..................................................
Upload: 23.60 Mbits/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.1.py --server 4207ts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 5.228 ms
Download: 30.73 Mbits/s
Upload: 18.20 Mbits/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.py --server 4207ts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 840.547 ms
Download: 35.21 Mbit/s
Upload: 15.51 Mbit/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.py --server 4207ts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 839.998 ms
Download: 161.62 Mbit/s
Upload: 31.74 Mbit/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.py
Selecting best server based on latency...
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.784 ms
Download: 53.23 Mbit/s
Upload: 17.46 Mbit/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.pypeedtest/scripts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.671 ms
Download: 66.48 Mbit/s
Upload: 20.53 Mbit/s

I've been trying them all to get back to the Stable results I was getting in early October!!

Below I tried a number of different versions, as well as selecting a server on a few & a few leaving it up to the script to select.

root@Test:/boot/config/plugins/speedtest# speedtest
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.531 ms
Download: 40.28 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 11.98 Mbit/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.33 ms
Download: 9.93 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 5.42 Mbit/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.582 ms
Download: 43.11 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 7.19 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.1.pylugins/speedtest# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scr
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.503 ms
Download: 68.51 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 13.66 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.1.py --server 4207
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 7.611 ms
Download: 68.67 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 10.25 Mbit/s
ripts/speedtest-1.0.0.py --server 4207st# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/speedtest/scr
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 10.112 ms
Download: 16.78 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed...
Upload: 13.62 Mbit/s
root@Test:/boot/config/plugins/speedtest# mc

Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 840.528 ms
Download: 45.41 Mbits/s
Upload: 23.60 Mbits/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 5.228 ms
Download: 30.73 Mbits/s
Upload: 18.20 Mbits/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 840.547 ms
Download: 35.21 Mbit/s
Upload: 15.51 Mbit/s
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 839.998 ms
Download: 161.62 Mbit/s
Upload: 31.74 Mbit/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.py
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.784 ms
Download: 53.23 Mbit/s
Upload: 17.46 Mbit/s
/speedtest/scripts/speedtest-0.3.4.pypeedtest/scripts# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/
Hosted by Shaw Communications (Calgary, AB) [18.71 km]: 6.671 ms
Download: 66.48 Mbit/s
Upload: 20.53 Mbit/s

It's got to be something with unRAID networking then. Maybe your settings vs a change in unRAID in Oct. I figure you probably haven't changed settings. So something in unRAID changed. Since the docker runs sivel 1.0.2 and you get the results you expect. But when you run the exact same 1.0.2 script on unRAID bare metal you get such a different result. I also noticed some 800ms pings on some of those tests.

Who's repo is the docker in or did you add it manually? I can just add it to my own repo. But either way maybe I can support the output. Where do you get see the results when it's run, the docker's log?

This is the repo, I added it using Community apps Auto conversion . I do have it set in Host mode.

https://hub.docker.com/r/tianon/speedtest/~/dockerfile/ https://hub.docker.com/r/tianon/speedtest/

you get the results only by looking at the docker logs

Basically October 18th was my last Stable upload (Uploads dropped to average of 8~10mbs, uploads stayed Stable @ 150+) w/ the plugin & December 13th was the last Sable expected Download speed w/ the plugin.