[Support] Linuxserver.io - Kodi-Headless

linuxserver_medium.png

Application Name: Kodi-Headless

Application Site: http://kodi.tv/

Docker Hub: https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/kodi-headless/

Github: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-kodi-headless

Please post any questions/issues relating to this docker you have in this thread.

If you are not using Unraid (and you should be!) then please do not post here, instead head to linuxserver.io to see how to get support.

16/02/17 - STATUS

Kryton now moved to latest tag. If you wish to use jarvis, please add :jarvis to the Repository: section of the template. For Example: linuxserver/kodi-headless:Jarvis 

Jarvis has segfault errors. We highly recommend using Krypton

**DO NOT CLEAN LIBRARY FROM ANY MACHINE OTHER THAN THE ONE USED TO SCAN LIBRARY IN INITIALLY AND THAT HAS THE SOURCES SET**

Edited by linuxserver.io
  • Upvote 2

So I'm assuming this is the linuxserver.io release of Sparklys' original container...

And would I be right in assuming that it would be prudent to switch over as development will be on this branch from now on?

lurker, lol.....

Well thanks for that useful comment, could've at least answered the bloody questions!?!  ;D

So I'm assuming this is the linuxserver.io release of Sparklys' original container...

And would I be right in assuming that it would be prudent to switch over as development will be on this branch from now on?

this is both helix and isengard kodi headless under one container...

only one is installed at a time through a variable (don't need to set anything if you want isengard)....

if there's a new build of isengard released, then behind the scenes we'll build it, but as far as the user is concerned, they'll just have to restart the container....

only one is installed at a time through a variable (don't need to set anything if you want isengard)....

if there's a new build of isengard released, then behind the scenes we'll build it, but as far as the user is concerned, they'll just have to restart the container....

Not as daft as you look are you  ;) cleverclogs! Might nip over to github and try and see how you did that, impressive..

Not as daft as you look are you  ;) cleverclogs! Might nip over to github and try and see how you did that, impressive..

Sparklyballs, has become a great asset indeed. and i like to think his containers have become much better with some of our codeing. :)

Sparklyballs, has become a great asset indeed. and i like to think his containers have become much better with some of our codeing. :)

i would say better, rather than much better..

ego and all that, lol.

So if I read that correctly, then the containers within linuxservio.io's repository that are derived from yours (Kodi Headless, freshRss)  supercede yours.  If development has stopped on the versions within sparkly's repo, maybe those templates should get deleted. (or is that a blow to the ego?)

So if I read that correctly, then the containers within linuxservio.io's repository that are derived from yours (Kodi Headless, freshRss)  supercede yours.  If development has stopped on the versions within sparkly's repo, maybe those templates should get deleted. (or is that a blow to the ego?)

we (lsio) were discussing that earlier... haven't made a decision about it yet.

Is it the ego stopping you ;)

In the immortal words of Disney....

"Let it go, let it go!"

• Upvote 1

"Let it go, let it go!"

Basically what I was going to say, but decided to give him a break for a change. 

"Let it go, let it go!"

Basically what I was going to say, but decided to give him a break for a change.

It's worth it just to read the hilarious response I feel.  Sparkly, king of the one liner....

"Let it go, let it go!"

It's worth it just to read the hilarious response I feel.  Sparkly, king of the one liner....

Actually, give him a break this time round...  Since the containers are not the exact same, either may work better under certain circumstances, which is why no decision has been made as of yet...  (or maybe I'm just tired and need sleep)

Have swapped to using this container, for no real reason as the original one was working perfectly, as does this.  The image is a tad smaller this time around, was a straightforward change, just copied my old folder mapping across and away it went.

I like that the 9777 UDP is mapped by default, so can use Yatse on my phone/tablet and the icon is very nice.

Good work chaps.  ;)

I think i may have found an issue...

I used to use the sparklyballs repo koma/headless to clean the library so i could still watch shows while it happened on my htpc.  With this new container it just removes everything from the library.

Did you forget to include nfs-common or something as I assume it can't scan the nfs mounts i setup for the libraries so it drops them from the db?

I think i may have found an issue...

I used to use the sparklyballs repo koma/headless to clean the library so i could still watch shows while it happened on my htpc.  With this new container it just removes everything from the library.

Did you forget to include nfs-common or something as I assume it can't scan the nfs mounts i setup for the libraries so it drops them from the db?

lemme see.