Transmission problem - Read-only file system?

wankel

Hello,

Just setup my unraid server with Transmission running and when I add a torrent it stops after a few minutes and I get the following errors:

Jan 22 11:21:30 Tower transmission-daemon[5239]: Couldn't save temporary file "/boot/custom/transmission/transmission.conf/resume/fairplay-facup2011.3rd.round.replay.leeds.vs.arsenal.720p.mkv.b7e69efad56ab528.resume.tmp.LDgLmd": Read-only file system (bencode.c:1680)
Jan 22 11:21:30 Tower transmission-daemon[5239]: Couldn't save temporary file "/boot/custom/transmission/transmission.conf/stats.json.tmp.JZjvnS": Read-only file system (bencode.c:1680)

Initially I setup my server with Unraid 4.6, installed Transmission, and then upgraded to 4.7 beta 1.  I didn't try adding a torrent before the upgrade so not sure if the problem existed before.  Should I install transmission to my cache drive instead?

Thanks.

Steve

It's a shame to see your original USB flash drive acting up, but it's good to see yet another problem solved.

When I first set up Transmission, one thing I noticed in the syslog was the daemon writing resume and stat files to /boot/config/transmission/transmission.conf every 2 minutes.  I wasn't digging that so after about a day of tampering I managed to set transmission.conf to my SNAP drive. 

Unfortunately I didn't document the changes but one of the key changes was editing transctl in the install package in order to make the changes persistent.  I'm sure there's a more elegant way of doing that but I didn't know enough about piping commands and injecting an edited path into an existing shell script.