LSI Controller FW updates IR/IT modes

Yes, by the time I put the zip together, P19 was the most recent available firmware.

All my cards are still running with P19, but you can easily exchange the files with the P20

once you get the idea behind the procedure.

unevent already explained it pretty well.

I got an question/massage, see image. I hope it should be OK so my flash went OK don't remember now what step , but is was one of the first step after reboot

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456243099.749538.jpg.f4ab8a54d11ac2eab35e9e6dc96f6e4f.jpg

Its on the way.  My server is quiet so I don't have the typical wind tunnel airflow that these cards are designed for.  I picked up a copper 40x40x14mm heatsink/fan chipset cooler that I hope will work with the clip retainer that the card uses.  Enzotech SLF-40, specs

Thought about just adding a good quality 40mm fan to the existing sink, but I had a Newegg gift card not doing anything so went all out on copper.

Thanks for the explanation , then I will try to find the LSI firmware instead. I think i only find /saw 19? Do you have a link to the LSI 20 FW that you use? The only machine I have is my I unraid box that have  uefi bios, don't know if flashing would work on that? Remember that I have issues when flashing my br10 card. Maybe I can use some friends old dos bios computer instead.

I just zipped up the flash stick I had that I used to flash my H310 cards. The P20 firmware and bios is there. Sorry for files being all over the place but there are different versions of sas2flash and also I included a dos text editor so you can view files easily. I don't use uefi so I can't comment on that.

https://www.diggscloud.com/index.php/s/ZfxaRmv6p6kkVHb

Great, so P20 is OK to use even that there is reports from user that have issues ? Is there a benefit to go from 19 to 20 ? I have not see any release notes.

I understand there are 2 different versions of P20, a bad buggy P20 that ends in .0.0, and a good P20 that ends in .4.0.

Great, so P20 is OK to use even that there is reports from user that have issues ? Is there a benefit to go from 19 to 20 ? I have not see any release notes.

I understand there are 2 different versions of P20, a bad buggy P20 that ends in .0.0, and a good P20 that ends in .4.0.

The one I used was this one, and is on that USB stick download. Been running for a few months now with no problems.

\firmware\HBA_9211_8i_IT\2118it.bin          Version no: 20.00.04.00    Release date: 21-MAY-15

Yes, by the time I put the zip together, P19 was the most recent available firmware.

All my cards are still running with P19, but you can easily exchange the files with the P20

once you get the idea behind the procedure.

unevent already explained it pretty well.

I got an question/massage, see image. I hope it should be OK so my flash went OK don't remember now what step , but is was one of the first step after reboot

I received the same message and most of the sas2flsh utilities won't let you bypass or continue. One of the old versions of sas2flsh will and prompt you with a Y/N, like yours does.

I copied these from some of the notes I had. Maybe they will help. Here's all misc files if you need more. I pretty much slapped everything together here.

http://www.diggsnet.com/unraid/

1. This gets all your adapter information and throws it into a file. Saves your cards SAS address.

megacli.exe -adpallinfo -aall -applogfile adaptersinfo.txt

2. Saves the controllers SBR - kind of optional. Most packages include an empty SBR file. If you continue with doing it on your      own then continue to the next step.

megarec.exe -readsbr 0 orig.sbr

3. Wipe the controllers SBR.

megarec -writesbr 0 empty.bin (lots of packages you'll see a file already named EMPTY.BIN created)

4. Clear the controllers BIOS

megarec -cleanflash 0

4. Flashing the card. If you also want to flash the BIOS you would need to add this to the command "-b MPTSAS2.ROM". Since both my cards are just used passively/passthru I did not feel the need to flash the BIOS. I just did the firmware.

sas2flsh.exe -l flashlog.txt -o -f 2118it.bin

1. This gets all your adapter information and throws it into a file. Saves your cards SAS address.

Didn't check all the commands, and I trust that they are correct.

There is just the one step missing, where the SAS address is set again, after the flash.

Although I don't know what effect a missing SAS address will bring!?

/quote]

Didn't check all the commands, and I trust that they are correct.

There is just the one step missing, where the SAS address is set again, after the flash.

Although I don't know what effect a missing SAS address will bring!?

It isn't really needed. I used cards with no SAS address and I've used cards with SAS addresses I made up myself, just as they were different then the other one. It is the last step in the process and from my experience it isn't needed. For at least with my system. I do recommend running the megacli command to get all the adapter info, just in case you need it. Here is what the command looks like

sas2flsh -o -sasadd 500605bxxxxxxxxx

Hey guys, just got my hands on what I think is a BR10i card. These are some of the numbers on it:

SAS3082e-R

L3-25116-01h

And looks like the IBM FRU is 44E8690

Been doing some reading on this thread, looks pretty straight forward. Just two questions, what is the lastest firmware for this card in IT mode and does it support the large drives?

Thanks,

I recommend to have a look at the wiki pages before buying things!  ;)

http://www.lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware_Compatibility&oldid=8957#PCI_SATA_Controllers

The BR10i is in the List of "not recommended" adaptors because it does not support drives >2.2TB

Of course, if one can live with that restriction it's no issue.

The link inside the table should provide further info regarding flashing, firmware etc.

I recommend to have a look at the wiki pages before buying things!  ;)

http://www.lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php?title=Hardware_Compatibility&oldid=8957#PCI_SATA_Controllers

The BR10i is in the List of "not recommended" adaptors because it does not support drives >2.2TB

Of course, if one can live with that restriction it's no issue.

The link inside the table should provide further info regarding flashing, firmware etc.

Good thing I didn't pay for it then...

• 3 weeks later...

I have bought an installed a silverstone 9211 card flahed it with p19 f/w. I recall reading somewhere - and I did not book mark it, that in order to get s.m.a.r.t info showing in mymain I need to add something to the attribute section , however I cant remember what , and I cant find it again- ( somewhere in the 69 pages of this thread I think ) .

can anyone assist ?

I have bought an installed a silverstone 9211 card flahed it with p19 f/w. I recall reading somewhere - and I did not book mark it, that in order to get s.m.a.r.t info showing in mymain I need to add something to the attribute section , however I cant remember what , and I cant find it again- ( somewhere in the 69 pages of this thread I think ) .

can anyone assist ?

Add "smartopt" with a value of "-A" to each drive's configuration parameters.

Hello,

I currently own a MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i adapter with 8 drives attached which I want to utilise for unRAID. I came across this thread and various others, and learned I need to flash my adapter to IT mode so I download the file package for the SAS2208 adapters and saved the ZIP contents on the unRAID USB drive. I made sure to remove the existing array  and also installed the latest firmware, but when I ran the first shell script (1_ListAllAdaptors.sh) it returned the following error:

Array found STARTED, stop array before proceeding

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Hello,

I currently own a MegaRAID SAS 9265-8i adapter with 8 drives attached which I want to utilise for unRAID. I came across this thread and various others, and learned I need to flash my adapter to IT mode so I download the file package for the SAS2208 adapters and saved the ZIP contents on the unRAID USB drive. I made sure to remove the existing array  and also installed the latest firmware, but when I ran the first shell script (1_ListAllAdaptors.sh) it returned the following error:

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

If this kind of stuff is new to you I do suggest to try and read through this thread. I've flashed several cards and also have posted a link to download the files you may need. It was specifically for the Dell Perc H310 card so you will need to make sure that your MegaRAID card uses the same chipset. Did you get the download package from this thread?

Hello,

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

If this kind of stuff is new to you I do suggest to try and read through this thread. I've flashed several cards and also have posted a link to download the files you may need. It was specifically for the Dell Perc H310 card so you will need to make sure that your MegaRAID card uses the same chipset. Did you get the download package from this thread?

Yes, I grabbed LSI SAS2008 Controllers(P10)Linux.zip which was referenced in the beginning of the thread. According to https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-raid-controller-and-hba-complete-listing-plus-oem-models.599/, the LSI 9265-8i uses the SAS2208 chipset. I saw various references to the Dell Perc H310, but these are all related to the LSI 2008 chipset - would this be compatible with the 2008?

I'm not sure to which post you're referring - would it be https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg409244#msg409244 by any chance?

Thanks!

Hello,

How do I fix this?

Thanks.

Yes, I grabbed LSI SAS2008 Controllers(P10)Linux.zip which was referenced in the beginning of the thread. According to https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/lsi-raid-controller-and-hba-complete-listing-plus-oem-models.599/, the LSI 9265-8i uses the SAS2208 chipset. I saw various references to the Dell Perc H310, but these are all related to the LSI 2008 chipset - would this be compatible with the 2008?

I'm not sure to which post you're referring - would it be https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=12767.msg409244#msg409244 by any chance?

Thanks!

According to this poster:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?279659-LSI-MegaRAID-9260-8i-SAS-Controller-and-IR-IT-Firmware-and-or-JBOD&s=8bc7dbda71586bc00efd0cede46ad380&p=5067600&viewfull=1#post5067600

it isn't possible.  I have no idea personally.