crc error 6 freeing initrd memory on boot

Anybody have any idea what the message below means during a re boot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crc error<6>Freeing initrd memory: 25547k freed

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.

Freening unused kernel memory: 72k freed

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Kernal panic: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the proccess of upgrading from version 1.050930 to Version 2.060706, I copied fix18 to the root of flash folder in My Network Places, shut down the unraid server, disconnected the hard drives (12), was not able to boot, so I turned server off, re connected hard drives, and now get message above.

After doing a search on the internet I found that the problem could be bad USB Flash drive or ram memory , I have two memory sticks so I tried booting with only one and then only the other, same message.

Anybody have any idea's ?

Thanks

Rob

Anybody have any idea what the message below means during a re boot

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

crc error<6>Freeing initrd memory: 25547k freed

VFS: Mounted root (ext2 filesystem) readonly.

Freening unused kernel memory: 72k freed

Warning: unable to open an initial console.

Kernal panic: No init found. Try passing init = option to kernel

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the proccess of upgrading from version 1.050930 to Version 2.060706, I copied fix18 to the root of flash folder in My Network Places, shut down the unraid server, disconnected the hard drives (12), was not able to boot, so I turned server off, re connected hard drives, and now get message above.

After doing a search on the internet I found that the problem could be bad USB Flash drive or ram memory , I have two memory sticks so I tried booting with only one and then only the other, same message.

Anybody have any idea's ?

Thanks

Rob

Update

OK, So now its starting to look like the flash drive is dead, I get the following message when I plug it into my Windows PC "the disk in drive H is not formated. Do you want to format it now?" I was able to read from it on Saturday and only wanted to remove the fix18 file I copied there.

It seems to have been gradually failing rather than all at once as I have had to rather regularly reset the BIOS for the past couple of months after a re start.

I sent Tom an E-Mail yesterday, I expect he will reply soon.