[Plug-In] Community Applications

Whooo I don't have to click the community app update button daily!! I'm not sure what I will do with all my newly found free time... ????

You haven't had to click that button since June 2015.  (Part of the reason it says "Don't Click Me - Why Are You Clicking Me?" on its pop up)

Unless you're talking about Plugins - Check For Updates, in which case, yes you will now have lots of spare time on your hands to spend with your better-half.

Hmmm, well in that case I would like a feature request to blow up the auto update feature into oblivion... The better-half always has something for me to accomplish

Whooo I don't have to click the community app update button daily!! I'm not sure what I will do with all my newly found free time... ????

You haven't had to click that button since June 2015.  (Part of the reason it says "Don't Click Me - Why Are You Clicking Me?" on its pop up)

Unless you're talking about Plugins - Check For Updates, in which case, yes you will now have lots of spare time on your hands to spend with your better-half.

Hmmm, well in that case I would like a feature request to blow up the auto update feature into oblivion... The better-half always has something for me to accomplish

Don't enable it, and tell her that it's all my fault that you can't spend any time with her

Thanks Squid, diagnostics are linked below.  The powerdown -r command seems stuck though, might have to hold the power button until it shuts off completely?

I installed a second SSD for my cache pool about a week ago, 250GB Crucial, it's brand new drive.  Maybe it's bad.

Thanks for the help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/moib8ohueyavpnr/tower-diagnostics-20160418-0752.zip?dl=0

Tons and tons of errors on the loop0 device (docker.img)

You can try a scrub from within docker settings, but your best course of action may be to just delete the image file, then recreate it, then add all of your apps back in via CA's previous apps section (all your old mappings and ports will be already prefilled out for you)

If that still doesn't get you anywhere, then I'd create a new thread in General Support (v6) so that many eyes will have a look at this.  (I'm at work currently and am not always able to put the time in for unRaid problems - especially analysis of syslogs)

Tell you what:  I'll go back to daily updates for CA.  That should solve your problem.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I wonder if clouds ever look down at us and say "Hey Look! That one is shaped like an idiot!"

- Fix: PHP exception when only a single Config entry is present

- Fix: Date application updated when in Legacy mode

Required Update

You sir are amazing. Thank you for the quick fix and your contributions to the community!

• 2 weeks later...

What if you're in hell and you get mad at someone?  Where do you tell them to go?

Enhanced: Notifications now sent when applications autoupdate themselves

Changed: CA now defaults to autoupdate.  (All other applications still default to not autoupdate)

Added: Optional appdata backup

The appdata backup / restore feature can be found under Settings (Community Applications Section).

In a nutshell it allows you to either manually or via a scheduled job to backup your appdata folder to your Array

width=600http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/squidaz/Untitled_zpsgayo2aji.png[/img]

Appdata share  Select whatever share is storing the appdata for your docker /plugin apps.  Only shares which are cache-only or mounted with Unassigned Devices will be listed.  If your appdata share isn't listed (ie: your appdata is already stored on the redundant array), then this module will not function for you.

Destination Share This is whatever share you want the backup to go to.  DO NOT use a share that already contains any other files, as part of the process of the backup is keeping everything in sync, which ultimately means that if the file/folder does not exist in the appdata share, CA will delete it from the destination share.  In other words, if you decide to backup the appdata to your "Movies" share, I will be the first to laugh.

Save To Disk Because most docker applications use hardlinks / symlinks in their appdata, the destination share HAS to be written directly to a disk share in order for the backup / restore process to work.  Set this in conjunction with the Destination Share.  Note that if you happen to set any split levels, include/exclude disks, etc they are automatically overridden by this setting

Path to Custom Stop / Start Script Prior to issuing the Docker Stop (and after the Docker Start) command, the backup / restore scripts will call the scripts if this is filled out.  Use this to perform any custom shutdown procedures (ie: stop plugins).

Rsync Options If you don't know what you're doing here, just leave it at the defaults

Run scripts in place of rsync or in addition to Setting this to in place of has the effect of disabling CA's rsync command to backup, so that the custom scripts can handle everything

Scheduled Backup Frequency Daily / Weekly / Monthly / Custom

The temporary log file is stored within the docker.img file and upon completion is copied to the flash drive (in a DOS format).  This is primarily because the log files (especially on the initial backup) has the potential to completely fill the space allocated to /var/log, I didn't want to force anyone to have to increase their allocation for the logfiles - My initial backup log file size is ~400Meg.  Logs are not rolling, and are deleted at the start of each new backup / restore set.

Nicely done. Running first one manually. Pushbullet notification, webGUI notifications, like its made for it :) Thanks again for your great work.

ps. can we get some sort of indication that it is running on the two main pages (dashboard & main)? Not necessary to have the real time file list (very slick BTW), just a "appdata backup in progress" thingy? Oh, and maybe disable the "backup now" button while its running?

Nicely done. Running first one manually. Pushbullet notification, webGUI notifications, like its made for it :) Thanks again for your great work.

Just be aware that the first backup can take awhile (45 minutes) especially if you run plex.  Subsequent backups are a lot faster as only changed files are copied.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

How does the restart of dockers work? I just checked my list of dockers and it was hit and miss as to which ones were started that were previously running and some were not started which were previously running. Also some that were not running previously were now started.

How does the restart of dockers work? I just checked my list of dockers and it was hit and miss as to which ones were started that were previously running and some were not started which were previously running. Also some that were not running previously were now started.

I am going to hazard a guess that its the docker service itself that gets cycled so those that have "autostart" turned on will be running after its done. At least that is how mine worked out.

Getting these messages in the log:

Apr 29 05:32:01 MediaServer crond[1571]: failed parsing crontab for user root: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/backup.php &>/dev/null 2>&1
Apr 29 05:53:11 MediaServer crond[1571]: failed parsing crontab for user root: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/backup.php &>/dev/null 2>&1

This is happening after the CA auto updated last night.

I am going to hazard a guess that its the docker service itself that gets cycled so those that have "autostart" turned on will be running after its done. At least that is how mine worked out.

It's whatever dockerMan thinks was running at the time.

Getting these messages in the log:

Apr 29 05:32:01 MediaServer crond[1571]: failed parsing crontab for user root: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/backup.php &>/dev/null 2>&1
Apr 29 05:53:11 MediaServer crond[1571]: failed parsing crontab for user root: /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/scripts/backup.php &>/dev/null 2>&1

This is happening after the CA auto updated last night.

Just woke up.  I'll check it out after work.    Always a couple of updates after every new feature release

Because of the constant log messages from CA about cron, I reverted back to the previous version by getting a .plg file from a backup and installing manually through the plugin install.  Your package management is not allowing me to remove CA and revert back to a previous version because the latest package is installed and prevents an older version from installing.  I had to manually remove the older package versions before it would install.

This problem has been discussed and you should find a way to clean up the package(s) when updating/removing CA.  In my plugins I don't use packages because of this problem.  I use a tarball instead of a package so the packages don't stack up.