Need Urgent Help - Can't Connect to Server

Hi, I'm in a bind.  I have some friends coming over later to watch some movies but I can't access my server.  I replaced my modem and router this morning with a new one from my cable company (Rogers) in order to upgrade my speed and bw.  I rebooted my server but for some odd reason the drives are not accessible and either can I get to the main page via url.

My computer and laptop all can access the internet so I know the modem is working.  Just can't figure out why I can't see the server. 

Anyone have any ideas?

Tried, but no luck.  I'm sure it has something to do with the IP address and maybe dns but it's been so long that I've had to configure anything that I don't remember what to check or how.

I know in the config for the flash, there's an ip and dns address.  How do I check what those should be?

Not at the moment but I can.  I had to do a shutdown by flipping the power switch and now it seems to be running a parity check.  Not sure what to do right now...

If you don't stop the array before powering down then you will always get a correcting parity check.

Most likely your other computers were assigned different IPs when your modem changed and so are not on the same network as your unRAID. What is the IP address of one of your other computers now?

Do you do monthly parity checks? I hate to recommend powering it off again without having some idea how healthy your array is.

The quickest thing is probably going to be to shut it down and put the flash in another PC so we can edit its IP address.

My server is up to date with the parity.

Well here's what I did.  Still didn't work though.

I typed ipconfig on my laptop and got 192.168.0.12.  I also looked at the default gateway.

I then powered down my server and popped out the flash and into my laptop and edited the network.cfg

for IP Address I put in 192.168.0.09

for netmask I left it as is

for gateway I put in the default gateway from above

for dns server I left 1 alone and for 2 I put in the default gateway.

NOt sure if that was right.  Still didn't work though.

My server is up to date with the parity.

Well here's what I did.  Still didn't work though.

I typed ipconfig on my laptop and got 192.168.0.12.  I also looked at the default gateway.

I then powered down my server and popped out the flash and into my laptop and edited the network.cfg

for IP Address I put in 192.168.0.09

for netmask I left it as is

for gateway I put in the default gateway from above

for dns server I left 1 alone and for 2 I put in the default gateway.

NOt sure if that was right.  Still didn't work though.

I've never seen an IP address written that way. I don't know if it would work or not. Try 192.168.0.9 instead. Are you sure nothing else on your network is using that address?

Post the complete results of ipconfig from your laptop, and the complete contents of network.cfg

Here's the network.cfg from the server.  I did a power off...

I only have 4 devices.  My laptop, my htpc, my phone, and my server.  WHen I check my router and check all connected devices I see my laptop, htpc, phone, and one other which may or may not be my server or possibly my denon receiver.  According to my router they are all using .13, .10, .12 and .11.

# Generated settings:

USE_DHCP=no

IPADDR=192.168.0.09

NETMASK=255.255.255.0

GATEWAY=192.168.0.1

DHCP_KEEPRESOLV=no

DNS_SERVER1=64.71.255.198 - ------ not sure what this is...?

DNS_SERVER2=192.168.0.1

DNS_SERVER3=

IPCONFIG shows

C:\Users\Daniel>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 11:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hitronhub.home

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : fd00:bc4d:fb74:22a2:1464:bc9b:521a:e5bf

Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : fd00:bc4d:fb74:22a2:3dff:2351:3c30:bdd0

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1464:bc9b:521a:e5bf%4

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.12

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Tunnel adapter isatap.hitronhub.home:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hitronhub.home

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 2:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:6ab8:1003:1a53:9c12:50be

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::1003:1a53:9c12:50be%8

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

C:\Users\Daniel>

Is there a way to start the server without doing an auto parity check.  Also on the ident.cfg I see workgroup=home.  Just wondering if that could cause a problem.  I don't think I have a workgroup or ever did...so maybe not a problem.

I'm looking at the router but not sure where to set a static ip for a device.  I have a hitron router.  Any idea what area to look in?

Thanks for all the help.  It's much appreciated!

Also, is there a way to start up the server without having it auto start the parity check?

You can make it not auto start the array by changing startArray to no in disk.cfg.

Also, you must not use notepad to edit any of the files on flash. Use an editor that can save linux line endings, such as notepad++.

You must use the same workgroup as the rest of your computers. Worry about the router later. There are a lot of things to learn about networking and it may take a while, especially if we have to research your specific hardware.

Also, you must not use notepad to edit any of the files on flash. Use an editor that can save linux line endings, such as notepad++.

These specific files are an exception to that rule.  They are editable with standard notepad for this very reason.  (Tom actually just made a post about that ~week ago, but can't find it right now

You can find the workgroup your desktop is using by going to control panel / system.

But, that would only affect browsing to the server with its name.  The IP address would always work.

Have you hooked up a keyboard and monitor to the server yet so we can check what its getting when DHCP is set to yes.

Hmm no autostart in my disk config.  I got the below.  Can I just add it to the top?

# Disk configuration

spindownDelay=5

queueDepth=1

spinupGroups=yes

defaultFormat=2

md_num_stripes_default=1280

md_write_limit_default=768

md_sync_window_default=288

parity=pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-0:0:1:0

disk1=pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-1:0:1:0

disk2=pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-1:0:0:0

disk3=pci-0000:00:1f.2-scsi-0:0:0:0