[Request] Configure multiple NIC in the gui

Hi,

it would be nice if you could configure all network cards and not just default one in the gui. Unraid knows about it because it is shown in the dashboard.

In my case i have two but i can configure only one. The other must be set up in the network.cfg

unraid.jpg.eb1336cd5897ed3eec85eabf35aad103.jpg

I have it like that in the go script:

ifconfig eth1 up

And in the cfg:

# Config information for eth0:
USE_DHCP[0]="no"
IPADDR[0]="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
NETMASK[0]="255.255.255.0"
GATEWAY[0]="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
DHCP_KEEPRESOLV[0]="no"
DNS_SERVER1[0]="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
DNS_SERVER2[0]="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
DNS_SERVER3[0]=""
BONDING[0]="no"
BONDING_MODE[0]="1"
BRIDGING[0]="no"
BRNAME[0]="br0"
BRSTP[0]="yes"

# Config information for eth1:
IPADDR[1]=""
NETMASK[1]=""
USE_DHCP[1]="yes"
DHCP_HOSTNAME[1]=""

• 10 months later...

The problem is that unraid uses a custom "rc.inet1" script that binds eth0 -> ethX(8?)¨(with bonds and bridges) cant remember excactly since i´m not on unraid now.

The second problem is how the GO file since it runs very late, rc.inet1 runs very early(rc/slack standard) then things like libvirtd is started so that messes up bridges,second interfaces etc.. (when they are dependent on the config that comes from the GO file, autostarts of VM for example can take for ever times outs after 3 minutes).

Plugin suffers from this asweal since they have no option to start before "rc.inet1"(to push config) (can always make one that loads late and simply does an ugly restart of services and starts vm etc.. but terribly ugly)

I acctually made a custom build of unraid with vlan(kernel) support and a custom rc."scripts" to circumvent all this(but not very user friendly) (that is why I use plain ol´ debian however coming back in a hearbeat when this gets fixed(added) in the future)

A more simpler sulution would be to add/change all this in the core =P.

But the even simpler solution before this gets added is to make a second "GO" file for "advanced users" or "dev plugins" that is called "DEV_GO" and is called early in the "RC" scripts either at the very end of "rc.S" or lets say it´s own rc scripts that is called first "rc.01"

This would make it possible to completly change pretty much any config you want(would probably need a pretty hefty statement that this is not supported =P)

//mace