Webgui unresponsive

Hi I am having a problem with the webgui being unresponsive and the emhttp showing cpu running at 100%. The only things I have running are owncloud and plex media. It seemed to be when I was jumping from dashboard to main but it’s happened jumping to others as well. Then 2 days ago I went to bed everything fine got up next day webgui locked again. I am currently running version 6.1-r5 but it also did it in other versions as well. I have included the diagnostic log hopefully someone can shine some light on the subject.

syslog.txt

Update on the problem 1day 13hours 16mins into the uptime and it has locked the webgui again. I was just randomly jumping from one page to another in the webgui. I have attached the latest diagnostics log.

If you type this command:

ps -ef

Do you see a large number of 'smbd' processes?

lots of processes but no 'smbd'

Just to add to this thread I work with Brian and we've experienced this emhttp 100% GUI unresponsive issue on two hosts, two USB pen drives and three versions of RC Unraid. So far the only option we have is reboot unraid so it's a bit of a head scratch.

I am also having this issue. Im currently running 6.1 RC6. Most of the time the shares are accessible and the Dockers are accessible and running except Sonarr when this happens. I have attached my ps -ef report which was generated while the webgui was unresponsive.  The last thing i did last night was run the mover. This morning the webgui asked for my credentials but never displays the page....just continually loads. Although....this morning all Dockers are working and accessible including Sonarr. Please let me know if you need further information.

Plugins: OpenVpn, Various Dynamix

Bill

Also notice when running top, the command "at" is 100% cpu and "shfs" is 99-100% cpu.

ps_report.txt

I would really appreciate if Tom or Jonp could assist. I am new to unraid and have lots of faith in the product but with the GUI crashing constantly it's in an unusable state. If there is any logs or tests anyone wants me to do please let me know. I have rebooted in normal mode and up to press its ok.

New update I have included the ps -ef report file.

My suspicion here is that your installation of nginx and associated PHP installation, breaks the PHP functionality of the webGUI.

Can you remove nginx/php and reboot your system and retest?

As far as i'm aware Brian has a vanilla system except for an OwnCloud docker. Are you seeing Nginx/php somewhere in diags?

New update I have included the ps -ef report file.

My suspicion here is that your installation of nginx and associated PHP installation, breaks the PHP functionality of the webGUI.

Can you remove nginx/php and reboot your system and retest?

As far as i'm aware Brian has a vanilla system except for an OwnCloud docker. Are you seeing Nginx/php somewhere in diags?

These lines are in the ps -ef output:

root      1907  1905  0 04:40 ?        00:00:00 php-fpm: master process (/etc/php5/fpm/php-fpm.conf)                    
root      1908  1904  0 04:40 ?        00:00:00 nginx: master process /usr/sbin/nginx -c /etc/nginx/nginx.conf

This is not present on a vanilla installation, specifically the installation of another PHP instance.

Hi thanks for your reply the only thing running is owncloud and the only plugins I have are the two system plugins plus Community Applications, but I was running in safe mode so Community Applications was not running. I have no idea where nginx/php would be

I am very new to unRAID so I cant remove it.

Hi thanks for your reply the only thing running is owncloud and the only plugins I have are the two system plugins plus Community Applications, but I was running in safe mode so Community Applications was not running. I have no idea where nginx/php would be

I suspect one of your dockers to do this.

Go to settings -> docker and disable the docker functionality, this will stop all running dockers.

You can do:

[b]ps -ef | grep nginx[/b]

and

[b]ps -ef | grep php[/b]

To see what is running, I expect both commands to return no running processes.

nginx is definitely not there in a standard install so you have something loading it.  Perhaps you need to start without owncloud running?    You should also ensure that there is not an 'extras' folder on the flash drive as anything in there would be loaded as part of unRAID startup.

Hi back again. Still not got a solution to my problem with emttp going 100%. I thought it might get resolved in 6.1 but unfortunately not. Just to reiterate i have this issue on two diffrerent PCs, tried two USB pen drives, tried multiple versions of unraid. The primary issue is whenever i click through the GUI pages it will randomly lock the GUI. Once emhttp goes 100% on htop i can still access shares and get telnet access but the only way to get GUI back is a system reboot.

Please can anyone from Limetech offer any suggestions or advice?

Hi back again. Still not got a solution to my problem with emttp going 100%. I thought it might get resolved in 6.1 but unfortunately not. Just to reiterate i have this issue on two diffrerent PCs, tried two USB pen drives, tried multiple versions of unraid. The primary issue is whenever i click through the GUI pages it will randomly lock the GUI. Once emhttp goes 100% on htop i can still access shares and get telnet access but the only way to get GUI back is a system reboot.

Please can anyone from Limetech offer any suggestions or advice?

Please send me the webGui configuration settings file.  It's on your usb flash device on this path:

config/plugins/dynamix/dynamix.cfg