[Solved] Syncing iPhone with Itunes in VM

This is quite weird. I have "ticked" the USB port to pass-throug my Iphone (via USB) to my VM running Win10. The port and even in the phone are identified in the settings of the VM. However, after starting the VM, I cannot see the USB / iphone in the VM.

Anyone tried this and can share experience?

This is quite weird. I have "ticked" the USB port to pass-throug my Iphone (via USB) to my VM running Win10. The port and even in the phone are identified in the settings of the VM. However, after starting the VM, I cannot see the USB / iphone in the VM.

Anyone tried this and can share experience?

Try this. Stop the VM. Edit the XML.  Locate the <controller type='usb'> section and delete the <address> line below it.  Then add the following inside the <controller> part:

model='nec-xhci'

Update the VM and try again.

Do NOT edit the VM using the normal editor after making this change.

Thanks for your quick reply. After deleting the line and addign the comment, the address line somehow re-appeared. Please see below how it now looks like in the XML file:

<controller type='usb' index='0' model='nec-xhci'>

<alias name='usb'/>

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>

Thanks for your quick reply. After deleting the line and addign the comment, the address line somehow re-appeared. Please see below how it now looks like in the XML file:

<controller type='usb' index='0' model='nec-xhci'>

<alias name='usb'/>

<address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x07' function='0x0'/>

That's fine. It's supposed to. It may have changed a bit, but that's OK.  Try booting up the VM with it as is and let me know what happens with your iPhone.

• 2 weeks later...

Correct. If you edit this using the normal webgui editor and hit save, you will lose this custom edit you just made. Thank you for reporting back that this works. We will be incorporating official support for the nex-xhci virtual usb controller in a future release.

Thanks, this would be great. Love to see this feature in a future release. Particular when using different devices over the same USB, the manual way takes time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...