NZBGet: Error reading diskstate: could not open file /downloads/queue/7177

I get the following error overnight when running NZBGet:

Error reading diskstate: could not open file /downloads/queue/7177

The only way to get things rolling again is a full reboot. I have tried setting it so my drives do not spin down (it does not help) and increasing the time before spin down (again, no joy).

I suspect it is because my Parity Drive is being spun down? But I cannot seem to stop the Parity Drive from spinning down.

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks!

I get the following error overnight when running NZBGet:

Error reading diskstate: could not open file /downloads/queue/7177

The only way to get things rolling again is a full reboot. I have tried setting it so my drives do not spin down (it does not help) and increasing the time before spin down (again, no joy).

I suspect it is because my Parity Drive is being spun down? But I cannot seem to stop the Parity Drive from spinning down.

Has anyone else run into this? Thanks!

Where is /downloads mapped to Dave?

On my setup I have /downloads mapped as /mnt/cache/downloads

/mnt/cache/downloads is a cache only share. So never gets moved to the array and will be unaffected by parity drive stuff.

I'm just wondering if this is a mover issue.  Overnight is your /downloads getting moved to the array and NZBget can no longer see it?

NZBGet, CP and Sonarr all map to  /mnt/cache/nzbdownloads/....

It works like a champ during the day or when I am adding things to the queue. It is just when it runs overnight. When I look at it in the morning, I have a ton of those messages and the only thing to do is reboot and loose the queue.

The Parity Drive is spinning down - that is the only thing I can see?

It works like a champ during the day or when I am adding things to the queue. It is just when it runs overnight. When I look at it in the morning, I have a ton of those messages and the only thing to do is reboot and loose the queue.

The Parity Drive is spinning down - that is the only thing I can see?

The cache drive should have nothing to do with the parity drive.

However to see if this is the problem you could set the parity drive to never spin down to see if this makes the problem go away.

Is appdata for nzbget set to be cache only, and does appdata exist anywhere else on your array.  You can easily tell by looking at the log and seeing if mover moved anything within appdata

Is appdata for nzbget set to be cache only, and does appdata exist anywhere else on your array.  You can easily tell by looking at the log and seeing if mover moved anything within appdata

Dave check the nzbdownloads folder is set as cache only in the webui and browse to all the disks on your array and check they don't have a nzbdownloads folder (other than cache obviously)

Thanks folks:

@itimpi: I have tried setting my drives to not spin down. But the parity drive seems to spin down anyways? Does it have its own area to stop it spinning down?

@CHBMB: How do I check that the nzbdownloads folder is set as cache only in the webui?

@Squid: appdata is as follows:

NZBBet:      /config <--> /mnt/user/appdata/nzbget/

CP:              /config <--> /mnt/cache/appdata/couchpotato/

Sonarr:        /config <--> /mnt/cache/appdata/sonarr/

Do I just need to move the NZBGet to the cache as well?

----

The other thing I have noticed is for some reason my "Scripts" directory for NZBGet is always being deleted?

@itimpi: I have tried setting my drives to not spin down. But the parity drive seems to spin down anyways? Does it have its own area to stop it spinning down?

You canclick on any disk in the Main tab and set its spin down properties.  This is independent of the global settings and should over-ride it.

Most of us keep all the configs in one folder and then subfolders.

The conventional way is to create an appdata share on your cache drive that must be set to cache only so never gets moved to the array.

/mnt/cache/appdata/ then nzbget/sonarr or whatever.

To check the share is cache only click shares, then user shares then click on the share and see what it says.

Neil - you were right.

My download location was not set to cache only. I have now done that. And I moved the app data for NZBGet over to cache as well.

I have uninstalled NZBGet but when reinstalled, it still puts directories in both the cache and my user directory?

I wonder if I just need to uninstall NZBGet, CP and Sonarr and just reinstall? I am getting good at that. :-)

Neil - you were right.

My download location was not set to cache only. I have now done that. And I moved the app data for NZBGet over to cache as well.

I have uninstalled NZBGet but when reinstalled, it still puts directories in both the cache and my user directory?

I wonder if I just need to uninstall NZBGet, CP and Sonarr and just reinstall? I am getting good at that. :-)

Dave you know how to use midnight commander?

No - but looks like it is just a visual file manager? I have Krusader on my setup.

I spun my array down. Spun it up and everything seems to being created on both /mnt/cache and /mnt/user.

So I have an appdata folder in both as well as my downloads folder. I would think, since I have my share as "cache only" it would only show up under /mnt/cache? Unless the directories under /mnt/user are just a link to /mnt/cache?

No - but looks like it is just a visual file manager? I have Krusader on my setup.

I spun my array down. Spun it up and everything seems to being created on both /mnt/cache and /mnt/user.

So I have an appdata folder in both as well as my downloads folder. I would think, since I have my share as "cache only" it would only show up under /mnt/cache? Unless the directories under /mnt/user are just a link to /mnt/cache?

They are just different views of the same thing.

/mnt/cache is a view of a particular physical disk.

/mnt/user is a user a user share and can potentially span multiple disks.  It will give a combined view of a share across the cache disk and the data disks.

Thanks both - much appreciated! So when installing dockers, I have been using /mnt/user for things like my TV, Movies, etc.

/mnt/user/TV/

Should I be using /mnt/user0? So

/mnt/user0/TV?

Thanks!

I would use /mnt/user for everything except anything you want to remain on the cache drive.  You still have to specify in the webui that the folders you don't want moved to the protected array are set as cache only.

Or you can use /mnt/user for everything and just ensure that the things you want to remain on the cache drive are set as such in the webui.

If you use /mnt/user0 for your TV stuff, then Sonarr will send it to NZBGet, that will download it and Sonarr will then immediately move it to the protected array and spin up all your drives.

If you use /mnt/user then Sonarr will move it to /mnt/cache/TV and the mover script will move it to the protected array at 04:00 I think the default is set at.  It means that all your drives are spun up then, when you're less likely to be using it, and it saves spinning things up multiple times through the day.

Thanks both - much appreciated! So when installing dockers, I have been using /mnt/user for things like my TV, Movies, etc.

/mnt/user/TV/

/mnt/user0/TV?

Thanks!

I would use /mnt/user for everything except anything you want to remain on the cache drive.  You still have to specify in the webui that the folders you don't want moved to the protected array are set as cache only.

Or you can use /mnt/user for everything and just ensure that the things you want to remain on the cache drive are set as such in the webui.

If you use /mnt/user0 for your TV stuff, then Sonarr will send it to NZBGet, that will download it and Sonarr will then immediately move it to the protected array and spin up all your drives.

If you use /mnt/user then Sonarr will move it to /mnt/cache/TV and the mover script will move it to the protected array at 04:00 I think the default is set at.  It means that all your drives are spun up then, when you're less likely to be using it, and it saves spinning things up multiple times through the day.

lol...  Now I'm confused and I understand this stuff lol...  Not the easiest subject to explain.

/mnt/user/TV/

/mnt/user0/TV?

Thanks!

/mnt/user refers to all disks in a user share (including the cache disk).    If you refer to /mnt/user0 then you are telling unRAID to ignore the cache disk as far as the user share is concerned.  It is very unusual for using /mnt/user0 to be required in normal use.  Its existence is primarily to help the mover process with moving files from the cache disk to the array data disks.

/mnt/user/TV/

/mnt/user0/TV?

Thanks!

lol...  Now I'm confused and I understand this stuff lol...  Not the easiest subject to explain.

Yeah, it made sense in my head when I read it, sorry Dave...  ::)

Maybe teamviewer again if you're still struggling..

@Squid....pretty funny. :-)

@Neil....No worries. I think i am back up and working.

@itimpi: Many thanks!

OK - I should be good to go. And I learned more. I never understood why Cache files were showing up on user and did not know what user0 was for,

Maybe one weekend I will not be working on unRAID? Probably not... ;-)

@Squid....pretty funny. :-)

@Neil....No worries. I think i am back up and working.

@itimpi: Many thanks!

OK - I should be good to go. And I learned more. I never understood why Cache files were showing up on user and did not know what user0 was for,

Maybe one weekend I will not be working on unRAID? Probably not... ;-)

Glad you got it sorted Dave.  ;)